GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Finally washed my car. Had weeks worth of dead bugs from mountain runs. And no I don't use the shit covered brushes hanging on the wall. MF mitt only please!

Face of an insect killer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion

I replaced my usp hatch pop struts for ecs hatch pop struts. The ecs ones are way nicer. They just feel a lot sturdier since they're all metal. Ecs struts are also a little bit longer so that's kinda nice being able to open my hatch a little higher.

I still need to install the hatch button I got, but it's thundering right now so it's on hold.

BuiltforSin

Ready to race!
Busy day today.

First, I got rid of the crappy DIY emblems the previous owner had, and bought some gloss black emblems. I also programmed the instrument cluster to sweep when the key is turned to the ON position.

Then I headed to work to install the Neuspeed intercooler, HPA 75a mount/ECS pendulum, and replace my broken ECS intake tubing. Unfortunately, I didn't get enough time to install the FMIC. The OE subframe mount ended up fighting me WAY more than I thought it would. Finally had to just air chisel it out. Overall, I'm very happy with it. The NVH is there, but I had a solid dog bone mount on my old Si so there NVH doesn't bother me.

Still some misc. things to do, but overall a productive day.

Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

I replaced my usp hatch pop struts for ecs hatch pop struts. The ecs ones are way nicer. They just feel a lot sturdier since they're all metal. Ecs struts are also a little bit longer so that's kinda nice being able to open my hatch a little higher.

I still need to install the hatch button I got, but it's thundering right now so it's on hold.

dont be a sally just go do it.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Busy day today.

First, I got rid of the crappy DIY emblems the previous owner had, and bought some gloss black emblems. I also programmed the instrument cluster to sweep when the key is turned to the ON position.

Then I headed to work to install the Neuspeed intercooler, HPA 75a mount/ECS pendulum, and replace my broken ECS intake tubing. Unfortunately, I didn't get enough time to install the FMIC. The OE subframe mount ended up fighting me WAY more than I thought it would. Finally had to just air chisel it out. Overall, I'm very happy with it. The NVH is there, but I had a solid dog bone mount on my old Si so there NVH doesn't bother me.

Still some misc. things to do, but overall a productive day.

Where is your MAF?

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Is that ok? Lol it def looks cleaner.

Yea as long as the arrow on the maf is still pointing the same direction. I think some intakes sit a bit high and the maf plug hits the hood. Either way yea seeing that wire sticking up looks ugly lol

Phur

Autocross Champion
Yea as long as the arrow on the maf is still pointing the same direction. I think some intakes sit a bit high and the maf plug hits the hood. Either way yea seeing that wire sticking up looks ugly lol

I can't speak from experience, I know that there are older threads expressing a concern for water or condensation screwing up the MAF with it mounted this way. Like I said, I can't speak to the legitimacy of it. I do agree that it looks way nicer.