GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

IAtegeler

Ready to race!
ordering timing tensioner and timing cover. Going to replace those next Friday. Car should be good to go for a long time then I hope. Plan to keep it for a long time since the Wife wants a new tahoe.

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
The wing would look nice with that splitter at the top of the page... they both have like a "fangs" design... compliments each other well

Now I also want both... lol

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Looks good :thumbsup:

Thanks! Honestly while I was waiting for them to show up I was starting to wonder if I had made a mistake lol...There's a post around here somewhere saying I ordered this stuff after some beers. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out though. It also looks a lot better just because of how weathered my old grill is. My car never gets a break from the FL sun.

The next thing I'm thinking about doing is painting the trim around the honeycomb. If you look at the bottom of it underneath the honeycomb on the far right side there's evidence of my crash from a few years ago. I've been thinking about having it sprayed CSG, but now I'm starting to wonder if black would look good.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Talked to someone at work today about having them paint my bumper trim. I think I might try to take it off the car today and maybe I can get it back before the weekend. At the same time I'll have him paint my lip to match. I'm just gonna do it in gloss black. Best part is he's not gonna charge me a thing.

I also ordered some stuff from parts.com. The biggest piece I ordered was the honeycomb insert on the front bumper. I damaged mine years ago and never cared to fix it. Then I got a couple pieces of trim on the door that need replacing. Also ordered a window switch off ebay for $9.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
This was fun...

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I started this on Thursday before work thinking it would be a quick job... finally finished today.

Eurocubby installed (Thanks stayfitty - he's got a partout going on still!)

The fusebox panel doesn't want to go back in now:

The backside tab (A-pillar side, if you will) doesnt go into the groove anymore. wondering if i forgot to bolt something back in after removing the three brackets?

Also installed the colormatched sidemarkers:

I did really like the white/clear sidemarkers but this also looks pretty good. i know the community approves of this look, not that this has ever stopped me from doing stuff i think looks good... May go back to white/clear sidemarkers again.

I started cleaning up the sideskirts I also got from stayfitty - no pics but will post after install. waiting on some adhesive supplies to arrive.

SJC

Ready to race!
I haven’t opened the hood for a few weeks.
Turbo boost has seemed a little lacking and the car felt sluggish.
(Uni stage 1 plus Uni intake)

Found an important intake mount bolt missing and the lower intake clamp was hanging loose.

Replaced bolt and reinstalled clamp.

She seems to power up better now.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I cleaned my APR CAI, replaced factory plugs and coils with NGK PFR7S8EG plugs gapped at 0.028 (per APR) and R8 coils, and changed the oil. The old oil filter came apart. This left me kinda confused for a few minutes before I realized what had gone on. Luckily it came out pretty easily.

One of the coils and spark plugs looked a bit burnt. This one didn't feel as tight as the other three so I'm guessing that is what caused it.

The car feels much smoother now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Realized my driver side inner has a weak diode. Lamesauce. They’re Ed’s reps and probably 3 years old. Can’t complain but now I gotta find one and cherry red is very rare. :(

ahard48

Ready to race!
I recently acquired a set of Ed's LED headlights without HIDs/Ballasts. I am itching to put in an order for an HID kit today before I leave work. Any suggestions on the Morimoto vs. Hylux kit on Ed's website?

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Today I got to test out my 56" race ramps for the first time. They are pricey but worth it.

I also did a Motul Engine Flush before I did an oil change with Mobil 0w40. I also replaced the OEM oil plug with a fumoto valve. My valve is facing directly down so pretty much worst possible position, lol, but i am not too worried

Car runs super smooth and quiet @ 42,200 mi

next will be rear rotors and pads... might take advantage of the apr sale but deciding more against it than for it unless i can be convinced to spend 550 to go a little faster

Last edited:

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
This was fun...

Did you replace the bumper with a new one? I'll need to do this at some point. Should I be worried about just dropping off the bumper at a shop to paint it... like will I have to worry about the new freshly painted bumper not matching with the other panels in terms of paint shade?

I would rather just drop off the bumper at the shop and continue to drive the car as they paint it cause its my 1 and only car. Probably going to go with the golf R bumper.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Did you replace the bumper with a new one? I'll need to do this at some point. Should I be worried about just dropping off the bumper at a shop to paint it... like will I have to worry about the new freshly painted bumper not matching with the other panels in terms of paint shade?

I would rather just drop off the bumper at the shop and continue to drive the car as they paint it cause its my 1 and only car. Probably going to go with the golf R bumper.

Nope, no bumper. I wish lol, I'd put on an R bumper too.

I'm just repairing some stuff from a little accident I had a few years ago. The honeycomb is a little messed up, and so is the trim that goes around it. I'm having someone at work paint the trim black, along with a new lip.

He started it on at the end of the day yesterday. There used to be a half-circle indent at the green spot, from somebodys exhaust pipe.