GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blown away by stock speakers this morning...

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
So I downloaded Dave Matthews Band's new album in FLAC format, converted it to Apple Lossless format (ALAC), and stuck it on my iPod. I had my MDI volume set to minimum, I was able to push the unit to volume 28 with zero distortion and it sounded unreal. It's a shame Apple doesn't offer FLAC or ALAC from their iTunes store.

These speakers really are great, you just need 1400kbps audio files. :p

Last edited:
I know people complain about the audio in the GTI especially the non dynaudio, but those people never had a Honda. Worst stock speakers ever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

P

plac

I know people complain about the audio in the GTI especially the non dynaudio, but those people never had a Honda. Worst stock speakers ever.

even worse than stock WRX speakers??

yup, its all about signal. i listen to SIRIUS 90% of the time, and it sounds like shit. Whenever I tap into my SD card MP3 collection (all are high bitrates) the quality quadruples and it sounds insane.

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion

yup, its all about signal. i listen to SIRIUS 90% of the time, and it sounds like shit. Whenever I tap into my SD card MP3 collection (all are high bitrates) the quality quadruples and it sounds insane.
Try a lossless format. :)

Highest mp3 bitrate is 320kbps...lossless will exceed 1400kbps. The songs from Apple's iTunes store are 256kbps AAC format, but are comparable to 320kbps mp3s.

P

plac

Try a lossless format. :)

Highest mp3 bitrate is 320kbps...lossless will exceed 1400kbps. The songs from Apple's iTunes store are 256kbps AAC format, but are comparable to 320kbps mp3s.

ya i don't know anything about that stuff.. i just know that my 320kbps sound pretty good.

i do have itunes.. prob don't keep any music in it tho.. should i?

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
ya i don't know anything about that stuff.. i just know that my 320kbps sound pretty good.

i do have itunes.. prob don't keep any music in it tho.. should i?
Only if you want to use iTunes as a player, buy music through iTunes, or have an iPod. :)

P

plac

Only if you want to use iTunes as a player, buy music through iTunes, or have an iPod. :)

then how do you get those super incredible files playing on your car? oh... you bought that music thru itunes? then put it on a SD card or something?

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
then how do you get those super incredible files playing on your car? oh... you bought that music thru itunes? then put it on a SD card or something?
No, I downloaded the .flac format of the songs (not from iTunes). Then I used a conversion utility to convert it to Apple lossless format (so it works with iTunes and iPod).

P

plac

No, I downloaded the .flac format of the songs (not from iTunes). Then I used a conversation utility to convert it to Apple lossless format (so it works with iTunes and iPod).

damn.. you kids are so advanced these days.

Vwfreak1

Go Kart Champion
No, I downloaded the .flac format of the songs (not from iTunes). Then I used a conversion utility to convert it to Apple lossless format (so it works with iTunes and iPod).

Can you put a .flac file on the SD card and have it played through the radio?

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
Can you put a .flac file on the SD card and have it played through the radio?
Most likely not. In fact, most media players on the computer don't support FLAC. You'd have to download VLC player or something similar to play them.

Vwfreak1

Go Kart Champion
Most likely not. In fact, most media players on the computer don't support FLAC. You'd have to download VLC player or something similar to play them.

Thought it was too good to be true... I do have VLC player though, I'll try and find some .FLAC file this weekend and give it a try :)

Dunno, never heard the WRX personally but I don't hear good things about them either.

A simple speaker upgrade in Honda's makes a world of difference. Adding an amp isn't a bad idea either.