GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blown away by stock speakers this morning...

engineered2win

Ready to race!
They may be better than the audio system in most of the rolling appliaces, but the factory non-dynaudio speakers have lousy tweeters and are underpowered by the factory radios. An aftermarket radio or running the speakers through a separate amp makes a big difference.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
no no, WRX/Subaru speakers are FAR worse than Honda speakers, trust me, its... disgusting.

Sleepy1

Ready to race!
I know people complain about the audio in the GTI especially the non dynaudio, but those people never had a Honda. Worst stock speakers ever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

:thumbsup:

P

plac

no no, WRX/Subaru speakers are FAR worse than Honda speakers, trust me, its... disgusting.

IF the Subarus had a "mark Levinson" or some insane stereo option, they would be a lot closer to my buy list. i like a lot of things about Subarus.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
IF the Subarus had a "mark Levinson" or some insane stereo option, they would be a lot closer to my buy list. i like a lot of things about Subarus.

same here. If they can put more of the Legacy interior and sound system into the STI , they would pick up a lot more buyers. I am VERY interested to see the next gen WRX and STI.

P

plac

same here. If they can put more of the Legacy interior and sound system into the STI , they would pick up a lot more buyers. I am VERY interested to see the next gen WRX and STI.

hell, when is that? maybe that can be added to my list for 2013/14. the main problem for me is $28k vs $40k. Too much gap from WRX to STI.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
hell, when is that? maybe that can be added to my list for 2013/14. the main problem for me is $28k vs $40k. Too much gap from WRX to STI.

I believe both should be coming out for MY2014. It’s crazy how the market out in CA is brutal for the Subies, cos by us its usually pretty easy to get $1-2K+ off sticker, so I would personally never pay more than $38K TOPS for an STI, and have never paid more than $35K for one.

Reported to have more power, better mpg - and now if they can do a better interior, they may finally check all the boxes.

P

plac

I believe both should be coming out for MY2014. It’s crazy how the market out in CA is brutal for the Subies, cos by us its usually pretty easy to get $1-2K+ off sticker, so I would personally never pay more than $38K TOPS for an STI, and have never paid more than $35K for one.

Reported to have more power, better mpg - and now if they can do a better interior, they may finally check all the boxes.

oh they have $2k off sticker all the time here. i was just mentioned msrps..

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
word.

P

plac

on topic to sound quality..

just started my Spotify app 2 mins ago. only used it 2 or 3 times.. i swear its a lot cleaner than my pandora or sirius on the same iphone. is Spotify known as good quality?

whoa.. just found quality in the settings.. mine is "normal" (96bps). you can up it to "high" (160bps) or "extreme" (320bps).. MAN, i can't imagine how good extreme must sound then.. about to find out... at the expense of my data plan..

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
on topic to sound quality..

just started my Spotify app 2 mins ago. only used it 2 or 3 times.. i swear its a lot cleaner than my pandora or sirius on the same iphone. is Spotify known as good quality?

whoa.. just found quality in the settings.. mine is "normal" (96bps). you can up it to "high" (160bps) or "extreme" (320bps).. MAN, i can't imagine how good extreme must sound then.. about to find out... at the expense of my data plan..
It will sound like 320kbps MP3s. haha

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Can anyone really tell the difference between 320 kbps MP3s versus FLAC or any other loseless compressed files?

Obviously, it depends where the MP3 came from. If it was a 128 kbps file intially and just stupidly upgraded (lol) to 320 kbps, then the difference is night and day.

But if one were to do a blind test for the following:
1) CD
2) 320 kbps MP3 straight from CD
3) FLAC straight from CD

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
Can anyone really tell the difference between 320 kbps MP3s versus FLAC or any other loseless compressed files?

Obviously, it depends where the MP3 came from. If it was a 128 kbps file intially and just stupidly upgraded (lol) to 320 kbps, then the difference is night and day.

But if one were to do a blind test for the following:
1) CD
2) 320 kbps MP3 straight from CD
3) FLAC straight from CD
Huge difference.

Like I said I can make my volume almost max..no distortion. With FLAC, there is no compression. Even the highest quality MP3 files are compressed.

You can tell by the files sizes. A normal high quality MP3 (320kbps) is about 7-9 MB. A FLAC file is 30 MB for the same length of song.

zVp

Go Kart Champion
What are you running to find the differences?

FLAC is indeed compressed, but losslessly.

File sizes aren't necessarily a indication, either. I'd rather have a 30 MB FLAC file than a 60-90 MB WAV file.