GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
2006–2011 honda civic si infront of me knew he was gonna take off, was 2 lengths ahead apx then when he got on it i chased, stage 1 i closed the 2 length gap and slowly started creep next to him, as the entering high 5th gear my walk started slowing down. and let off barely would be able to get around him if i could, Until i shut down.

Now i have 3 questions on this.

1. Started mid 4th gear. I know everyone says si's are better geared for top end, is mid-top 5th gear that top end area where gtis kinda fall flatter?

2. I thought i would pull harder with stage 1 granted i was 2 lengths back to start and the civic got the jump till i was right next to it essentially closing 3 lengths. Sound about right? i have drop in filter not cai yet

3. Exhaust looked stock, but i could hear his engine pretty loudly so assuming intake. However the si when taking off kicked out decent amount of black smoke out the exhaust at first, do si's normally puff black smoke like that stock or would that mean he's potentially running a header to stock catback?

snowboardnj

2007 gti

Hey guys

I am having problems with my gtis headlight
The outer two lights illuminate fine (the d2s bulbs) but both the inner headlights (the h7 bulbs) will not turn on. I have removed the lights and they don't seem to be burnt out.is there any reason why they wouldn't be turned on?

Thanks for helping a newbie out.

mlody91

Ready to race!
Exhaust cleaner. What do you guys use and where do you get it. Been looking at Borla Exhaust Cleaner but the $7 for shipping is not going to happen.

Burn

How bad are your tips? If real bad and caked on after years I've had great results with 000 steel wool and the product Neverdull. Very gently everything comes off without much elbow grease. If it's been there a while the finish may be pitted - chrome polish brings it back.

If not real dirty, I just use Neverdull (the can with the pull apart stuff in it) maybe every other wash.

I started cleaning it regularly when I got my new GTI and that seems to be the best trick to keeping it easy to deal with.

mlody91

Ready to race!
It's a fairly new exhaust but I just want to get rid of the little buildup I have now before it gets worse.

But I do have the carbon really caked up on my stock exhaust so hopefully Neverdull & some steel wool can do the job. Any thoughts on P21?

mlody91

Ready to race!
It's an SPM stainless steel exhaust by the way. All the videos I'm seeing for Neverdull seem to be for cleaning chrome.

Ayeshasgolf

Hi people
Just got a question about the EGR valve. Was driving casually in stop-start traffic and my glow light symbol started flashing, the display message "workshop". So next day I took it to where I purchased it from as I have a warranty which is about to expire in the next month :( and the guys there just simply made the light vanish by resetting it and "software updating". Now I'm a girl (doesn't make me a shit driver btw lol) but I think there having me on coz surely the light came on for a reason and there is an actual fault. Cars done over 80000m and I wanna know if this EGR valve should be replaced? Or was it normal to just reset the fault light?, ARE THEY PULLING A FAST ONE ON ME??? Some one please help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
how I mine for fish

how i farm monies

Burn

Hi people
Just got a question about the EGR valve. Was driving casually in stop-start traffic and my glow light symbol started flashing, the display message "workshop". So next day I took it to where I purchased it from as I have a warranty which is about to expire in the next month :( and the guys there just simply made the light vanish by resetting it and "software updating". Now I'm a girl (doesn't make me a shit driver btw lol) but I think there having me on coz surely the light came on for a reason and there is an actual fault. Cars done over 80000m and I wanna know if this EGR valve should be replaced? Or was it normal to just reset the fault light?, ARE THEY PULLING A FAST ONE ON ME??? Some one please help!!

No paperwork on what they did? What year/model is your car?

These cars are FUSSY with emissions. Even if they just reset it, it would most likely return quickly. There def have been updates.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
2006–2011 honda civic si infront of me knew he was gonna take off, was 2 lengths ahead apx then when he got on it i chased, stage 1 i closed the 2 length gap and slowly started creep next to him, as the entering high 5th gear my walk started slowing down. and let off barely would be able to get around him if i could, Until i shut down.

Now i have 3 questions on this.

1. Started mid 4th gear. I know everyone says si's are better geared for top end, is mid-top 5th gear that top end area where gtis kinda fall flatter?

2. I thought i would pull harder with stage 1 granted i was 2 lengths back to start and the civic got the jump till i was right next to it essentially closing 3 lengths. Sound about right? i have drop in filter not cai yet

3. Exhaust looked stock, but i could hear his engine pretty loudly so assuming intake. However the si when taking off kicked out decent amount of black smoke out the exhaust at first, do si's normally puff black smoke like that stock or would that mean he's potentially running a header to stock catback?

bump.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
^Can you talk in anything other than run-ons? Maybe if you did, we'd understand your questions.

sorry my intelligence exceeds yours. some of the greatest minds have terrible handwriting, grammar and everyday acceptance of thought to word breakdown. its a gift and a curse it really is. i hate being so intelligent, it really hinders my day to day life. i apologize. i will try my best to conform to the simply grammatical breakdowns of thoughts and or ideas. my bad everybody, my bad.

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
sorry my intelligence exceeds yours. some of the greatest minds have terrible handwriting, grammar and everyday acceptance of thought to word breakdown. its a gift and a curse it really is. i hate being so intelligent, it really hinders my day to day life. i apologize. i will try my best to conform to the simply grammatical breakdowns of thoughts and or ideas. my bad everybody, my bad.

:lol::lol::lol:

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Grammar/spelling is the ability to copy and repeat. If we were to copy and repeat everything in life, we'd have no progression in this reality. Sloppy grammar/handwriting are a product of an individual who cannot convey thoughts quick enough to put advanced ideas into words. So i apologize for any "run on" sentences i may have posted :bonk: