GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

maxgti

Ok, this might have been asked before, and could be a very dumb question, but anybody else get hot air from the vents without the heater being on? Location socal, if that matters, its not very cold.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
i've been arguing with one of my coworkers about that. every car has had that same condition, but he bought a new car and he said that annoys him the most because his old car didn't do it. i don't see how. but he complains that if he turns off the air then nothing should come out of the vents. i actually like it.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
recirculating

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, when it comes to springs... what are the differences between 2 door and 4 door springs? Aren't they the same? Interchangeable on 2 door/4 door? I've heard some people say yes and some no.

Thoughts?
Weight... 2dr/4dr/dsg/6sp weigh different amounts hence different spring rates.

This will also affect ride height and where your car will sit.

1st timer VW

hi all i have a 2012 vw golf 4 door 5 with the hatch 2.5l gas. what category does it fall under ore is just a golf? it is just a bas model this is my 1st foreign car always had ford and chevy b4 any info would be graet thanks

1st timer VW

i've been arguing with one of my coworkers about that. every car has had that same condition, but he bought a new car and he said that annoys him the most because his old car didn't do it. i don't see how. but he complains that if he turns off the air then nothing should come out of the vents. i actually like it.
the older cars didn't do that but all the newer cars do i don't like it either but you can't win them all

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
hi all i have a 2012 vw golf 4 door 5 with the hatch 2.5l gas. what category does it fall under ore is just a golf? it is just a bas model this is my 1st foreign car always had ford and chevy b4 any info would be graet thanks

That would be the base model Golf, yes.

PureDrive

Go Kart Champion
^MKVI Golf

1st timer VW

i am planning some upgrades any suggestions would be helpful and ore sights that ship to canada its hard to find anything on just golf. should have got the TDI if i knew then what i do now i would have, live and lurn

1st timer VW

i am planning some upgrades any suggestions would be helpful and ore sights that ship to canada its hard to find anything on just golf. should have got the TDI if i knew then what i do now i would have, live and learn

1st timer VW

i've been thinking about getting a ELECTRIC SUPERCHARGER 5 PSI VORTEX with a short ram air intake and of course catback exhaust and does anyone know how this engine response to a chip?