GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Any part. Just wondering what it can withstand if clutch is upgraded.

I plan on possibly building an engine this year in just wondering if I need to build a tranny as well. Or if it'll hold up to 400ft-lbs or if it'll take a crap at anything over 325?
If your manual you will need a new clutch with basically anything over stage 1. Then pick the clutch that is rated to whatever HP level you want.

D_Evl_GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I really have a stupid question... well I don't know if it's stupid or not lol. I bought my car used and it's already stage 1 don't see any plug and plays so I'm assuming it's dyno tuned my down pipe is at home waiting for installation. I'm wondering what my cheapest option would be to do a stage 2 tune? Dyno or plug and play and I'm wondering what would he least harmful to my engine as well cause, I'm planning on having this car for a while. Please help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

brobst

Go Kart Champion
If you are tuned you could email tuners to see if they have you vin in their system. If you figure it out, the cheapest route would be the upgrade fee for that tuner. Else for the most part they cost about the same.

Sent from phone Tapa

D_Evl_GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
If you are tuned you could email tuners to see if they have you vin in their system. If you figure it out, the cheapest route would be the upgrade fee for that tuner. Else for the most part they cost about the same.

Sent from phone Tapa

I have no clue where the tuner would be cause, I got the car from a dealer all I have is a Neuspeed intake but it says it was installed by a neuspeed pro installed on the engine bay and I have neuspeed sways and springs with neuspeed rims but I checked for a neuspeed tune. And all it says was plug and play and I don't see that shit anywhere so I have no clue bro I guess I'll look around for tuners near by. Thanks man!

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I have no clue where the tuner would be cause, I got the car from a dealer all I have is a Neuspeed intake but it says it was installed by a neuspeed pro installed on the engine bay and I have neuspeed sways and springs with neuspeed rims but I checked for a neuspeed tune. And all it says was plug and play and I don't see that shit anywhere so I have no clue bro I guess I'll look around for tuners near by. Thanks man!

call apr, unitronic, giac, revo, give them your vin and they can tell you if it's their tune. Hopefully it's one of the popular tunes that can transfer it to your name for a small fee.

D_Evl_GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
call apr, unitronic, giac, revo, give them your vin and they can tell you if it's their tune. Hopefully it's one of the popular tunes that can transfer it to your name for a small fee.

Oh shit that's big help bro thanks a lot man!!![emoji28]

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
got on the dyno the other day, shop had not done a newer gti before and didn't want to dismantle the ignition wires to get a read on rpm. I didn't want to open anything up and have it look nasty so he did the math using rpm's at speed to calc tq which was fine.

My question is what do you guys do to get rpm sensor hooked up for tq numbers? Do you simply open up the loom of ignition wires and re-do the wrap on them or just leave them open? They had a lot of cars to tune so I didn't want to sit there and try to figure it out.

Any help is appreciated!

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
got on the dyno the other day, shop had not done a newer gti before and didn't want to dismantle the ignition wires to get a read on rpm. I didn't want to open anything up and have it look nasty so he did the math using rpm's at speed to calc tq which was fine.

My question is what do you guys do to get rpm sensor hooked up for tq numbers? Do you simply open up the loom of ignition wires and re-do the wrap on them or just leave them open? They had a lot of cars to tune so I didn't want to sit there and try to figure it out.

Any help is appreciated!

Yeah you have to get a read on the ignition wires to get an accurate output. They aren't doing any damage, just splitting the plastic harness to get access to the wire. It snaps back shut after and you can't tell anything was done. Pretty harmless.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion

Any help is appreciated!

How much did it put down?

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
Yeah you have to get a read on the ignition wires to get an accurate output. They aren't doing any damage, just splitting the plastic harness to get access to the wire. It snaps back shut after and you can't tell anything was done. Pretty harmless.

Ah dammit well now I know for next time. Thanks

How much did it put down?

243hp and 321tq(calculated)