GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
yup in the central electronics. I found the link in this forum. just depend on what lights you have. xenon or halogen.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
cool. want to go hunting for something related but not this. thanks

KDOG1

Ready to race!
Just was wondering, after installing LED tails, will they work fine without coding it? besides throwing a faulty light error code? any tips or tricks on installation? thanks in advance.

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
Just was wondering, after installing LED tails, will they work fine without coding it? besides throwing a faulty light error code? any tips or tricks on installation? thanks in advance.

they will work but that light will start to annoy the crap out of you in a couple of days...trust me. its only 1 screw so no tips really.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

take your time, install isn;t tough but make sure your stuff is aligned before bolting in place to get the fit right without damaging alignment tabs. almost did that with mine.

davserbic

Ready to race!

When they're somewhat screwed in and you're working on the alignment of the light to the body — make sure to be gentle when pressing in place to hold light in position. The corners of the taillights are very sensitive and often snap / crack off when being installed due to the force people apply to hold the light in place while being screwed in.

davserbic

Ready to race!
Ey, what size images do you prefer to see for screen resolution? Don't wanna blow up everyone's screens..

1024x7698 or 1280x960

[1024x7698]

or

[1280x960]
[/IMG]

KDOG1

Ready to race!
Thanks for the tips! and personally I like the second picture size better^^^^

So I was racing another car and while in 3rd around 5K rpm I threw a P0299 code for turbo underboost.. I didn't feel like I lost boost, although I slowed dramatically after that(purposefully) and cruised till I could check code. I have done some reading and I ended up clearing the code and so far driving somewhat aggressively, seeing if it will throw it again, I have not thrown the code again.. Iam APR stage 1 with CAI and catback so far, had it at the dealer a month ago before tune and everything checked out, no boost leaks, they replaced the turbo recirculation valve as it was leaking oil and checked everything. So is this just a sensor miss reading something? anyone with same or similar problems?

Oh and sometimes when in manual(DSG) I shift up and get a quick whoosh, which sounds almost like I have a BOV noise.. is this normal? it isn't every shift but around 4K rpm in 2nd to 3rd is most when I notice it.. Thanks in advance.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
@davserbic smaller - I tend to on on here on my laptop via my TV, so i blow up the page to see the text and the images end up being larger for me. personal preference.