GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unibrace RB review....>>

BlueAHR32

Autocross Champion
I had the Stern on my old MKV. Didnt notice a performance difference which is to be expected or not expected I should say from a simple frame brace. However, even from simply using a rear brace I noticed a drastic reduction in rear end chassis twist noise. This would definitely suggest that the brace makes a difference. Either or are worth the money IMO.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Bruce is the man, love my Unibraces! :thumbsup:
Sadly, I purchased a stern bar ~3 years ago.

Any more plans for the MKV/MKVI?

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
would it be weird that i was able to install it on my gti w/o taking off the exhaust?

Not of you're stock, or your aftermarket exhaust is skewed to the side.. Someone else reported installing on stock without dropping the system..

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
ooh thats wonderful news then! :D

Oh...I thought you HAD installed it. You might not be so lucky, but good luck anyway!
It's not hard if you do need to dangle it...2 bolts on the Passenger side hanger, then just slip the rubber hanger off the drivers side, and the one behind the resonator..

bobt23821

Ready to race!
Gents,

Does anyone have the torque specs for the four RD bolts? Do we need to use loctite? If you have the same info for the passenger side hanger bolts, would greatly appreciate it. Would like to complete the install from the last GB. Rather do it corrctly the first time!

Bob

CobraKing

Ready to race!
Gents,

Does anyone have the torque specs for the four RD bolts? Do we need to use loctite? If you have the same info for the passenger side hanger bolts, would greatly appreciate it. Would like to complete the install from the last GB. Rather do it corrctly the first time!

Bob

Hey bud, just use a drop of BLUE Loc-Tite on the bolts. I don't know about torque specs for the 4 RB bolts but hand tighten them in an 'X' pattern until their snug - that should be good enough.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
Gents,

Bob

Tight..:D

Don't sweat the details...