GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Am I too old? :)

blueste

Ready to race!
OH and So cal are completely different markets. And no one cares about the fictitious invoice price... You're getting about 2k off sticker... nothing to brag about but not bad. My dealer has em at 5k markup on the showroom floor.

I thought everything was more expensive in SoCal vs. OH. ;) At least that's why I moved back after spending about a year in SD. Of course, I was only 20 at the time. Didn't have a pot to piss in. :D

McQueen77

Banned
I thought everything was more expensive in SoCal vs. OH. ;) At least that's why I moved back after spending about a year in SD. Of course, I was only 20 at the time. Didn't have a pot to piss in. :D

cost of living, yes, much more expensive. gas, more expensive.. car insurance, more expensive, but the cars themselves.. no. its us pricing. maybe varies a little region to region, market to market.

OP, drive the car and don't worry about what your wife or anyone else says. you can't win with crap like that. most people think you should be in a nice sensible Camry so what does it matter anyway? i hear it all the time.. a guys is in his 40s or whatever and finally has the money to afford that porshe.. maybe he's wanted it all his life and now he can finally afford it and then some dumpy old broad with a short bowl haircut, fanny pack and khaki capri pants w/crocks on says "oh, look at that. he's going through a midlife crisis." if you think about it, that makes zero sense whatsoever. when was the guy supposed to buy and drive the Cayman S, when he was 22 and in college?!

but i get it, the GTI isn't really that expensive and its not a status symbol or whatever, but its a blast to drive so drive it!:w00t: PS: my dad, who is 75 loves my GTI and asks to drive it every time I see him.

337RSR

Passed Driver's Ed
I'M 54 soon to be 55 and I don't think I'm too old for this fun. Had the first R delivered in my area last year. Still enjoying every minute I'm behind the wheel.
I'm at APR stage 2 with Forge twintake and APR Turboback. HPFP coming this spring to bring it to 2+.
You would not believe how much fun it is.

miami90

Ready to race!
Yes, go buy your used STS. ;)

I'm 22 so I fit the demographic, but I would still own one if I were 60

myMK6fool

Ready to race!
Tell your wife to kwitcherbitchin and get the R! :)

legandrex

Ready to race!
I'm going on 39...starting to feel too old for a STi or an EVO but never too old for a GTI or R.

blueste

Ready to race!
Tell your wife to kwitcherbitchin and get the R! :)

:D
In her defense, she's been really good about it. Even though she doesn't like the style, says it's a 20 something car... she has said all along, "It's your car, you'll be driving it, get what you want." All with the roll of her eyes. ;)

dubessa

Go Kart Champion
:D
In her defense, she's been really good about it. Even though she doesn't like the style, says it's a 20 something car... she has said all along, "It's your car, you'll be driving it, get what you want." All with the roll of her eyes. ;)

She won't roll her eyes once she scores a ride in the passenger seat.

Or the trunk with the back seats down....

quickit

Ready to race!
I'm 42 and loving my R.
My wife thought I was absolutely crazy trading in my 2011 GTI for an 2012 R. No one but "car guys" can understand or appreciate what it's about. Best part of it is that I don't give a darn what anyone thinks as long as I am doing for myself.

If it makes you happy, get it. If you are going to worry about others thinking you are driving an cheap VW, buy something else ;)