GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Quietest 3" exhaust

Euro Tech

Ready to race!
Who has the quietest TBE and who has the quietest DP? Of all the youtube videos I have seen so far all of the exhausts penetrate into the cabin a bit to much. This is something I hated about my MKV it was way to loud with a GHL TBE. I love the way this car is stock, very refined. I would like to find a combination that closely emulates that, slightly louder is ok just nothing annoying for cruising. So far it looks like the catted and resonated 42dd downpipe to stock exhaust is the best option for keeping it civil.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
hard to say on CBE, honestly... but for DP, from my personal experience and feedback from others, the BB catted and resonated dp is very quiet.

Stag

Banned
From what I've personally heard, any catted and resonated dp paired to APR's catback is pretty quiet. Not much louder than stock.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I'm going to go ahead and stop you right here.

3" louder than 2.75" louder than 2.5"

3" Catted and Resonated downpipe + Dual muffler resonated Catback = quietest 3"

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
FYI I didn't mean that as an absolute. Normally that's what you'll get if you want a super quiet 3" setup. APRs is super loud at WOT but great off throttle due to their straight through resonance canceling mufflers.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Also there is many many references on this board.

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!
I love my UR downpipe with ceramic cat/resonated with a Eurojet catback. Not much louder than stock at idle or cruise but opens up nicely without getting too crazy.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

drhiggens

Ready to race!
Noise was a big concern for me, the 3” pipe is going to be louder and you should be ready to take that as part and parcel. I decided on the APR TB I have been really pleased with it. Good sound when you get on it and accelerate and it really is loud at WOT. At constant speed highway and just puttering down the road I think it is better then the stock system has less resonance in the cabin to be sure.
If I had to make the choice over again I would still get the apr just my 2¢ :)

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
B&B resonated turboback is the quietest exhaust system out there.

No it's not. Having heard it in person I would say it's on the loud spectrum

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
I, too, was in search of the most civil option when choosing my DP/CBE. Mostly with respect to cabin noise. Just to provide a point of comparison, the eurojet TBE for the GTI is too much for me. That said, the APR TBE is very civil and I enjoy the tone when I get on it but there is noticeable increase in cabin noise. When accelerating, people on the phone would make comments whereas that never really happened stock. Also, 3rd/4th gear acceleration resonate with something that causes a rattle on the passenger side with the windows closed but mostly I drive with the windows cracked because I love to hear the turbo spool. When in low rpm going up an incline, there is an exhaust rumble that was not present while stock (not bad, just noticeable). Are there situations where this is quieter than stock? Yes, but only low rpm on flat or declined terrain. When it is louder than stock, (outside of spirited driving) it is very tolerable.

Dmueller343

Ready to race!
well ill tell you not what to get haha. catless spm downpipe with magnaflow catback. definatly loud. well see how long I keep this setup on my car. sounds amazing but gets annoying after a while. might take off the test pipe on downpipe and put on highflow cat.