GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Quietest 3" exhaust

Dmueller343

Ready to race!
that being said if you don't mind it being loud at WOT id go with APR catback and any catted and resonated downpipe.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
that being said if you don't mind it being loud at WOT id go with APR catback and any catted and resonated downpipe.

If your like me and want things to go smooth the first time, I'd get the full APR TBE. There are others who have had some minor headaches with 42DD and APR CBE. Not sure about other combos. All depends on if a few hundred bucks is worth hassle free peace of mind to you.

ghotch

MKVI Owner
well ill tell you not what to get haha. catless spm downpipe with magnaflow catback. definatly loud. well see how long I keep this setup on my car. sounds amazing but gets annoying after a while. might take off the test pipe on downpipe and put on highflow cat.

I'm running this setup and have to agree...might not last long. Did you order their streetpipe as well? Mine is backordered and want to try and see how much it brings down the drone while under throttle.

Dmueller343

Ready to race!
No I haven't ordered street pipe yet. Probably going to do so soon though unless I buy wot box. In that case ill just deal with the loudness of the setup haha. Does sound sexy though so still have no regrets

rasibert

Passed Driver's Ed
I've had the resonated BB tbe for two years now and it is maybe only a smidge louder than stock. And that's only if you're outside. Inside is just like stock. So quiet, that I just ordered the non resonated center pipe yesterday! Lol! Idk, try it out for a bit. I'm talking gti tho, not r.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer

Stifun

Ready to race!
Milltek is a beauty!

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
I think UR TBE with cated and resonated DP with resonated exhaust would be pretty nice sounding.

Nige BCS

Passed Driver's Ed
Have you considered the BCS Variable tone (boost actuated) Full TBE with Motor sport cat?
The system is great off boost unlike a stock system with a 76mm DP which sounds terrible.
And when the R starts to develop boost it changes its tone by bypassing the two rear silencers.
Absolutely addictive when coming out of tight bends and piling on the power - perfectly quiet when cruising or just pootling around.
http://www.powervalve.co.uk/vw/golf/golf-r-mk6.html

Cheers
Nige

Geist296

I have the APR TBE on mine and after hearing a couple other systems on other cars I am glad I went with the APR....all the way up the speed spectrum when cruising nothing in the cabin...she screams when you open her up but mellow under all other conditions. If you are looking for a little extra sound it would be the one I would say to go with..

SRT2GTI

Banned
The catted Billy-Boat turbo-back exhaust is very quiet with zero drone. I'm very pleased with BB's product. I have no other experience with any other MK6 exhaust.

JoeVeeDubber

Ready to race!
I have a JETEX full 3" turboback on my R and I added a 3" vibrant resonator to it right after the cat...I will say the system has been tamed quite a bit...so speaking in general any resonated downpipe/resonated catback should be fairly quiet...

the resonator I added is a 4x6x10 oval....pretty decent size...it is vibrant's ultra quiet series full stainless polished resonator...can find it on amazon...

valj

Ready to race!
Double resonated Ultimate Racing exhaust