GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SoWo 2013 Highlights

razr390

Go Kart Champion
I used to the think this way....and then I bagged my car and realized it handles better WITH bags than it did stock...and thats all I needed.

90% of people will never take their cars to the "track" they just like spirited driving on occasion. Bags are the best of all worlds.

I know but there's so much maintenance on a bagged car that if I bag my current car, I'd have to have a different daily driver. That's just me. Maybe it's the young and ignorant part of me right now (I'm 18) but in the future when I have more money to play with I'll experiment and see for myself :) But my motto right now is either do it right and all the way or leave it stock.

EDIT: Being on the forums teaches me about what to possibly do and not do only because I'm still at a crossroads with where I'd like to go with my Mk6. The whole thing is, 4 years from now I'm selling it and giving my parents the money and they're gonna pass down their 2012 Cayenne to me; So I don't want to mess with too much of the OEM'ness

GeorgeHill

Ready to race!
Bags are the best of all worlds.

TheOctane

Ready to race!
I know but there's so much maintenance on a bagged car that if I bag my current car, I'd have to have a different daily driver. That's just me. Maybe it's the young and ignorant part of me right now (I'm 18) but in the future when I have more money to play with I'll experiment and see for myself :) But my motto right now is either do it right and all the way or leave it stock.

there is very little maintenance on bags...depends mostly on what climate you are in...basically just check your water trap once a month...done

If you are in really really cold weather areas...add antifreeze to your system once a winter...done

razr390

Go Kart Champion
there is very little maintenance on bags...depends mostly on what climate you are in...basically just check your water trap once a month...done

If you are in really really cold weather areas...add antifreeze to your system once a winter...done

Also, very bad in the South Florida area:

Speedbumps every 1/8 of a mile on frequently traveled roads with no major intersections...

TheOctane

Ready to race!

razr390

Go Kart Champion

spiker369

on air, don't care
Also, very bad in the South Florida area:

Speedbumps every 1/8 of a mile on frequently traveled roads with no major intersections...

I'm in your area dude, my gti is bagged and is my dd. Handles a hell of a lot better than stock like previously stated. And speed bumps are the same bagged as they were stock. Again, like stated before, bags raise the car up when needed. If you're hitting speed bumps at high speeds and not being careful over them even stock then you're definitely doing it wrong.
Also maintenance wise. Water trap/empty tank thing is every so often, not a huge deal. Other than that, pay ~$130 at tires plus to get a life time of alignments. Get that done every 3 months or so, or whenever you do hit something and feel it get set off. Other than that this car is the perfect dd. Stage 1 and bagged. I love it. :thumbsup:

razr390

Go Kart Champion
I'm in your area dude, my gti is bagged and is my dd. Handles a hell of a lot better than stock like previously stated. And speed bumps are the same bagged as they were stock. Again, like stated before, bags raise the car up when needed. If you're hitting speed bumps at high speeds and not being careful over them even stock then you're definitely doing it wrong.
Also maintenance wise. Water trap/empty tank thing is every so often, not a huge deal. Other than that, pay ~$130 at tires plus to get a life time of alignments. Get that done every 3 months or so, or whenever you do hit something and feel it get set off. Other than that this car is the perfect dd. Stage 1 and bagged. I love it. :thumbsup:

When we go to the meet/cruise I'll see your car and I'll decide! Still don't have all the money to straight dish on bags tho :(

razr390

Go Kart Champion
I won't be making it to that, I work the weekends lol. But we'll meet up another time probably.

For sure dude! Glad to know you're down to hang out. This week is my last week of high school! Then I'll be more available during the week to hang out, maybe we could get a local meet/cruise going for us during the weekdays as well! Back to topic though!!

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Awesome shots! Not for anything, but is anyone sick of seeing everything bagged? I'd really like to see a ton of really good handling cars set up. Like lm20's in a correct offset to run sticky 225's.

Every. Single. Car. Slammed.

Not a fan, personally. How about something sporty and drivable?

I love seeing posts like these. If performance was really all you cared about then you wouldn't be driving a GTI. VW enthusiasts practically invented the low and slow genre and people still wonder why its so prevalent?

You drive a slow FWD vehicle that looks great and has an above average interior. It will never be a race car. It will forever be a 13 second, understeering pig on a competitive level. If you want something that is truly fast either in a straight line or around a bend then you bought the wrong car.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
I love seeing posts like these. If performance was really all you cared about then you wouldn't be driving a GTI. VW enthusiasts practically invented the low and slow genre and people still wonder why its so prevalent?

You drive a slow FWD vehicle that looks great and has an above average interior. It will never be a race car. It will forever be a 13 second, understeering pig on a competitive level. If you want something that is truly fast either in a straight line or around a bend then you bought the wrong car.

Cost factor, for the overall package of build quality, overall quality and performance, the Golf/GTI/R is the best bang for buck, to me at least. Never said anything against bags, nor anything that would show my fanboying only performance. I prefer any style in good taste, and while I agree that the low and slow style was tailored by VW enthusiasts, the main thing is I'd like to see people changing it up and some pics of that. Bags/slammed look clean but not always my cup of tea of what I'd do. We all have opinions. I mainly got my Golf because of quality/reliability and the timelessness that comes with owning a car with heritage such as the Golf. The performance is above average for it too, so I don't know that you're talking about

Also, in other SoWo news:
Helen PD "replied" but idk if this is legit:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6045330-Helen-Police-Responds&p=81915380&posted=1#post81915380

razr390

Go Kart Champion
Retard convention?

Are you saying that towards the slammed part or the performance part. You quoted the whole thing so I don't know.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Are you saying that towards the slammed part or the performance part. You quoted the whole thing so I don't know.

/ \