GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Cool Story Bro Thread

stevejdub

I've had my car for about 3 months and have yet to have anyone want to give me a run whenever I come across a quick car. I've seen a ton of Mustang GT's, Taurus SHO's, Camaros, etc...and nobody ever wants to play. So yesterday I was on the 3 hr drive back from the tuner shop on the freeway and I finally got what I was waiting for. I just went APR K04 a month ago and I see this Avenger RT flying down the far left lane one over from me. I stay at 70 and as soon as they get even with me I gave it about 70% throttle and pulled away hard. They floored it and starting sticking by my back fender so I gave it the rest of the throttle and walked away from them pretty easily. But they did have 3 guys in the car and I was by myself to be honest, but I am confident I would have walked them even with a full car. Any ways we played around for about 60 miles before going our separate ways. They were waiving and giving thumbs up, they were loving the GTI. I know it was nothing special but it was my first real action and I have to say that little Avenger was impressively fast for a stock car under 25k. I looked it up when I got home and saw that car is good for like 287 hp stock, not bad...more than I would have expected from a lower end RT series.

dknguyenn

Ready to race!
Pulled a 04-08 modded TL from a 20 roll when I went out on a frosty run. I guess that makes up for not having any vanilla! :) csb to the max yo. lol

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Raced a Honda CBR600 (I think that's what it was/what they're called) from a dig at a light last night... Pulled half a car length on him until he realized we were racing :laugh:

I let off when I hit 50 mph, but even so, my sister happened to be in the area behind me a few cars in her GC and texted me, scolding me for "racing."

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Took my wife out for dinner last night...some dude with an exhaust leak passed me like I was standing still when I was doing 40 in a 35...caught up with him at the traffic light, he starts revving it (think it was a early '00s Malibu?) and I return with a snarl from my APR exhaust...light drops, he floors it, so I wind out 1st gear...and immediately dodge into the restaurant parking lot.

Wife couldn't stop laughing at him.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Total FAIL on my part. I don't like street race anymore...well guess i can't say that now.

Haha damn MS3 pulls up next to me start reving. Usually I ignore it but then I was like wth why not he honks I don't even remember what gear I'm in. He was pretty fast. I'm losing I let off because I hear my finance in my head telling me not to get this car impounded for street racing........

So yea some red MS3 has great bragging rights on me now.

I let down the community. Sorry

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Played with a 370z nismo last night...we never got to race, but I would definitely pull from the looks of it. Fun times indeed!

Also raced a recent style cayanne turbo from 30mph to 110mph...put around 4 cars on him by then!

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Total FAIL on my part. I don't like street race anymore...well guess i can't say that now.

Haha damn MS3 pulls up next to me start reving. Usually I ignore it but then I was like wth why not he honks I don't even remember what gear I'm in. He was pretty fast. I'm losing I let off because I hear my finance in my head telling me not to get this car impounded for street racing........

So yea some red MS3 has great bragging rights on me now.

I let down the community. Sorry

NOT COOL STORY BRO!!

kern417

Go Kart Champion
it's funny because i lost to an ms3 and have refused to race another since then lol i'm butt hurt. at least i found out he wasn't stock though. i ended up meeting him through a friend and he had bolt-ons + an e85 tune. but man he walked me so bad and he was barely lowered on stock wheels so i just thought i got destroyed by a stock one and never tried since. it was a nice oem+ build though he even had an upgraded stock location ic. it kind of reminded me how ours are since you dont see a big fmic in the front grille so you don't really know how serious it is until you run it.

anyways, i hope my balls drop again sometime soon.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
My buddy and I were in his honda accord v6 and we were pulling Fast and furious qoutes. So we pull up next to an Audi convertible and thinking that it was an a4, I said to the driver, "Whats the retail on one of those?" He laughed. Then I told my buddy "Smoke him." Both drives revved their engines and we raced. After pulling the audi and beating him to the next light, he said, "It looks like you bought the right car."

Here's the kicker......

When he passed us after the race, His trunk said S4...................

I had some fun on the highway with a B6 S4. I was Stage 1 with just the S3 IC and it looked like I would have pulled easily if we really lined up.

Also raced a recent style cayanne turbo from 30mph to 110mph...put around 4 cars on him by then!

This is like the CSB I came to post. I pulled out behind a really gorgeous Cayenne S yesterday. Red with OEM black rims and nearly blacked out taillights. It looked like an older gentleman driving it (just at passing glance) which increased the appeal of the red/black look. I imagine I'd scoff at a honda done up that way, but not this car.

Anyways, coming out of a rotary directly behind him I hear that growly V8 wake right up. So on my way out the same leg I hit it as well through 2nd and drop hard into 3rd. I guess I was expecting more from him because at that point I'm braking to keep from slamming his rear bumper. I did hear from the exhaust note that he had the slushbox auto.

...he had bolt-ons + an e85 tune. but man he walked me so bad and he was barely lowered on stock wheels so i just thought i got destroyed by a stock one and never tried since.

A local buddy of mine has a 1st gen MS3. When I met him he was tuned with the upgraded fuel pump. I'm pretty confident it would edge out a well-supported stage 2. I was thinking we'd be pretty even if we were both k04 with supporting mods, being that the MS3 is k04 stock. But then he upgraded to a bigger turbo and he's tuning for e85. He's putting down the cleanest 400 whp curves I've seen. No hope for me now :(

And he's on stock clutch. :paddle:

rquinn19

Ready to race!
This is like the CSB I came to post. I pulled out behind a really gorgeous Cayenne S yesterday. Red with OEM black rims and nearly blacked out taillights. It looked like an older gentleman driving it (just at passing glance) which increased the appeal of the red/black look. I imagine I'd scoff at a honda done up that way, but not this car.

Anyways, coming out of a rotary directly behind him I hear that growly V8 wake right up. So on my way out the same leg I hit it as well through 2nd and drop hard into 3rd. I guess I was expecting more from him because at that point I'm braking to keep from slamming his rear bumper. I did hear from the exhaust note that he had the slushbox auto.

Cayenne S =\ Cayenne Turbo two different monsters

maisonvi

Ready to race!
A local buddy of mine has a 1st gen MS3. When I met him he was tuned with the upgraded fuel pump. I'm pretty confident it would edge out a well-supported stage 2. I was thinking we'd be pretty even if we were both k04 with supporting mods, being that the MS3 is k04 stock. But then he upgraded to a bigger turbo and he's tuning for e85. He's putting down the cleanest 400 whp curves I've seen. No hope for me now :(

And he's on stock clutch. :paddle:

Hey, that's me! To be fair I had an intake, turbo, inlet and a cat delete at that point along with the fuel pump internals and tune.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2