GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Toronto Detailing

Wes_R

Ready to race!
This client contacted me last week mentioning his RS4(lol it's actually sttaydown's). It was a lease return that he had purchased but unfortunately the previous owner had not taken good care of it at all. Totally understandable to want to have this beast restored to it's former glory as any car enthusiast would. He wanted it done asap so in it came right away!

I love it when very dirty RS4s come to the shop

Cleaning the rims

2 bucket car wash

Claybarring

Measuring the paint

Masking off the rubber trim

Started polishing

Before

After

50/50 shot

You could see the flake again!

The headlights and taillights were polished as well

Before

After

Protected the paint with Gloss Coat

And the finished product!

steve1479

Passed Driver's Ed
Jesus! I'd be so hesitant to have my car done now, especially with the winter we've been having. Kudos though.

I'll definitely be sending you my new Jetta in the spring

TorontoDUBBER

Ready to race!
Looks good. Wanna book in for the spring

sttaydown

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks again Wes!

To anyone thinking about getting your car done, I can't recommend it enough. Wes even worked with me on the pick up time/day to ensure my ~100km trip home was on clear roads and less traffic.
He is going to be getting the GTI and SQ5 very soon!

TorontoDUBBER

Ready to race!
I'm cringing a bit with all of my 401 driving, especially while getting peppered by trucks that fling salt rock by the thousands per minute. I'm hoping to fill some of the nasty chips with touch up and clear coat pencils, bring the car to you guys for a polish and then get some 3M applied to the front. Are you my one stop shop or can I coordinate your expertise with someone else who wraps the 3M clear bra separately? Either way I'm looking to do this work in March and would like a quote. Thank you!

Wes_R

Ready to race!
This 1M is owned by a very good friend who bought it just before Christmas. He had been eyeing it in a BMW showroom for months saying that he planned to purchase it, lol I didn't believe him, but in to the shop it came!

Arrival pics

Cleaning the wheels

Car wash

Measuring the paint

Before

After

50/50 shot

Unmasking the trim

And cleaning the polishing dust out the cracks

Opti Coat Primer

And Opti Coat Pro

And finished pics

Wes_R

Ready to race!
We were eagerly anticipating this brand new 991 GTS with the Aero package since we learned of the deposit placed down before Christmas. This client has been with us for 5 years now and to see him work up to this has been a pleasure! The paint was not in bad shape and applying Opti Coat Primer via machine pretty much cleaned up the light swirling that was there.

Anyways on to the pics.

It looks like Camp 4 outside of the shop

Claybarring with the Nanoskin Mitt

Rubber and plastic trim masked off

Opti Coat Primer

Applied by machine. I love the uniform look

Blurry polishing

Opti Coat Pro

Applied

Double checking our work

I love taking flake shots

And the finished shots

Looking forward to maintaining this one on an annual basis and I hope you enjoyed the pics!

Wes_R

Ready to race!
I believe this was our 3rd time working on a Mini and it was pretty cool that it was a Hampton. This client had seen our work online and was interested in bringing his baby in before the spring rush. Believe it or not as small as a Mini is supposed to be it was a lot of work! Masking the rubber trim alone was insane!

Anyways on to the pics :)

Claybarring the paint

Masked off all the rubber and plastic trim

Before

After

Opti Coat

And the finished pics

Hope you enjoyed the pics as usual and hopefully we see you in the spring!

Wes_R

Ready to race!
We had detailed this client's RS before as well as his 997.2 RS so we were familiar with the paint as well as the condition of the car. Always a pleasure to see this one and work on it as well. The paint was looking just a little rough and we were hoping a 1 stage polish would be enough but in the end we did a non aggressive 2 stage polish which was protected afterwards with Opti Gloss Coat.

As usual, hope you enjoy the pics!

Arrival pic

After the wheel cleaning and 2 bucket car wash we clayed the paint with the Nano Skin Mitt

Brought it in and masked off the rubber trim

Then took paint measurements

1st stage polish before

1st stage polish after with a bit of haze

50/50 shot

2nd stage polish before

2nd stage polish after and the haze all gone

And a shot of us polishing

Cleaning out the residue from the edge of the stone guard with a tooth pick

Then alcohol wipe down

Applying Opti Gloss Coat

And finally the finished pics. I wish so badly that the sun was out to show just how glossy the paint was.

This was the best glossy pic I could take and it didn't even come close

Nonetheless I hope you guys enjoyed seeing the process on a rare colored RS.

Thanks!

Boostaholic1

Ready to race!
So question, does this opti-coat have to applied once a year? Do you still need to wax etc? Are there benefits to this over the old wax and detail every few months? Sorry kind of a newb when it comes to this stuff. Thanks in advance.

Wes_R

Ready to race!
No worries. Opti Coat Pro is a permanent ceramic coating that behaves like a wax but with better protection. So to answer your question, no you wouldn't have to do it once a year. Only maintenance it would need is clay bar once a year and at times I would suggest you use a quick detailer after a wash.

Candubber

Ready to race!
Lee I'm having Wes do my car at the beginning of May stage1 with the opti coat! I don't have time to be washing and waxing anymore but maintaining is easy!

He's the man and you won't regret it ... He made my 20th with 350,000km look better then show room quality

forwardlean

Go Kart Champion
Agreed. I'm over a year into mine from Wes and I noticed yesterday the roof looks like glass. I've of course washed it through out last summer, but this winter was just wash bay $5 jobs. I haven't done anything to it yet, but I have noticed rail dust by the arches. Worth the money for sure.