Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Prefer other brand/chain/McDonald’s pee coffee, etc

Votes: 11 9.8%
  • Do not drink coffee… only semen, energy drinks, etc

Votes: 12 10.7%

• Total voters

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
No flavor imparted/light brew. Easiest way to mask a light brew is to over roast the coffee... and we are back to where I started.

Not sure I follow... Starbucks brews all different types of roasts. Not to mention that Starbucks is far from the only company that sells bold roasts.

I trust there brewing methods because they put an insane amount of rigor into the science behind the the way they brew coffee.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Not sure I follow... Starbucks brews all different types of roasts. Not to mention that Starbucks is far from the only company that sells bold roasts.

I trust there brewing methods because they put an insane amount of rigor into the science behind the the way they brew coffee.

there's a shocker :lol:

JK JK JK JK :wub:

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
ooooo bazinga

McQueen77

Banned
No flavor imparted/light brew. Easiest way to mask a light brew is to over roast the coffee... and we are back to where I started.

why do i have this suspicion that if i took a starbucks sumatra or something and put it in a cup from 'mother earth's fair trade 100% legit coffee', that you would think it was better or of higher quality? why so much starbucks beef? don't hate the playa hate the gaaaaaame

Bender1

Banned
On a mellow bean, the Starbucks brewing method is fine. You don't need a ton of time to get decent flavor out of it (its why they started with the blonde, recently). The bolder the bean, the more critical brewing times becomes to get full flavor.

Over roasting a bold bean can hide the fact that it isn't brewed long enough.

Remember, bold!= dark.

So do I, just as McDonalds puts tons of rigor into how they make burgers. Remember, its the highest quality product as a function of the margin you desire to make. In a coffee shop you have two real points where you can impact that margin: cost of the bean and efficiency of the labor.

Bender1

Banned
why do i have this suspicion that if i took a starbucks sumatra or something and put it in a cup from 'mother earth's fair trade 100% legit coffee', that you would think it was better or of higher quality? why so much starbucks beef? don't hate the playa hate the gaaaaaame

I have no problem if its fair trade or not or organic or not. Give me some medium roast bold coffee. I don't give a flying if it is made from mutant squirrels.

I have absolutely no Starbucks beef, as I said earlier. I drink it if it is what available with no complaints. BUT they don't make a bold coffee that isn't over roasted so I don't seek them out.

It's all fast food coffee. Back to the original point of the thread - I take DD over Starbucks because DD makes what I like. But... as I said before.. none of it is "good" coffee.

Bender1

Banned
I get that some people don't like bold coffee, and I also get that some people even think that Starbucks "lighter" stuff is still too bold. That's all fine and dandy but I have no clue where the notion that they choose to roast their beans a certain way to mask a "light brew" came from.

Don't know how to explain it any better than I did.

Remember boldness and the roast are two totally different things but the roast can be used to mask boldness.

Merkle

Banned
I have NEVER had an iced coffee because I don't like cream or sugar but this sounds tempting.

It's good occasionally, but, like you I prefer my coffee black.

Edit: Thanks Troy Ill see if I can beat Portal 2 in one sitting tonight. Lol.