• Do not drink coffee… only semen, energy drinks, etc

Votes: 12 10.7%

• Total voters

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Jawn, you would love Tim Horton's medium double double

Two cream and sugar + Liquid crack

nice, I gotta try that some day.

And yeah, a true coffee "addict" gives no fucks as long as the coffee is good - it could come from a homeless guy on the side of a Walgreens with a Keurig plugged in the wall, they don't care. They want good coffee.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
The poll/thread was about the coffee only, not the variable averages of the customer experience, customer base, or impressions of each's brick and mortar appendages. As usual.. we go off target to prove something other than what is actually being discussed.

easy, mang;)

Not trying to prove anything and I am discussing coffee. In particular, factors that affect peoples opinions. I just bring it because I was once that guy... ya know, the one who hated seeing them pop up on every corner and refused to even walk into a Starbucks.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
easy, mang;)

Not trying to prove anything and I am discussing coffee. In particular, factors that affect peoples opinions. I just bring it because I was once that guy... ya know, the one who hated seeing them pop up on every corner and refused to even walk into a Starbucks.

for sure, I hear ya. and many of those people "converted", and many other people don't care about the other stuff either.

Bender1

Banned
No I meant coffee + ice or, better yet, espresso + ice + cold water.

Venti iced americano = 5 espresso shots + ice + water = winning.

I have NEVER had an iced coffee because I don't like cream or sugar but this sounds tempting.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
I have NEVER had an iced coffee because I don't like cream or sugar but this sounds tempting.

I do it largely because I don't like cream or sugar and I also hate burning my mouth or waiting 30 minutes to drink hot coffee. I'm extremely sensitive to heat, sometimes 30 minutes isn't even enough if the stuff is in a covered container (i.e. in the car in the morning).

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Starducks = hoighty toighty trendy snobby douchenozzles connected to Apple devices 24/7

D&D = just coffee. I don't need all that fancy crap.

You have to admit the experience when you walk in the door is totally different and it shows. Starbucks puts a much larger effort into training it's employees and offers higher pay/benefits and that really translates into a better customer experience. Their employees are more knowledgable and are happier than typical hourly paid fast food workers. Starbucks is always cleaner than D&D. 75% of the D&D employees can't even understand what I am even saying when I try to order an extra large coffee with an inch and a half of milk (which I only need that much to make it a drinkable temperature right away because D&D coffee is the HOTTEST coffee on the planet).

I agree with the bolded part, but I dunno man, I've known people that worked at SB and made like $6.50/hour.

Also, where are you getting the appersand from in "D&D" :confused: :lol:

I'm going to make this tomorrow morning, sounds good.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion

I will probably piss like a race horse, and shit my brains out if I had a venti iced americano

(. )( .)

Go Kart Champion
i can't believe we're comparing dunkin donuts to starbucks lmao.

they still use filters and coffee pots at dunkin LMAO.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
I agree with the bolded part, but I dunno man, I've known people that worked at SB and made like $6.50/hour.

Also, where are you getting the appersand from in "D&D" :confused: :lol:

Pay probably depends on geography to some extent. My ex was making over $12/hr + tips back in 2003 and had medical/dental insurance from Starbucks. She also worked 40 hours a week and was a shift lead.

About the ampersand... no clue:laugh:

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Weird, one of my roommates made $6.50 like four years ago, maybe it's part time versus full time. Either way, burnt coffee isn't very good.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

Bender1

Banned
i can't believe we're comparing dunkin donuts to starbucks lmao.

they still use filters and coffee pots at dunkin LMAO.

Drip can be preferable in some ways. The Starbucks method results in very little water on ground time. This is bad. How to overcome it? Over roast the coffee! No matter what they want you to believe it is about as far away from a french press as you can get.