GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 Stage 1 vs Stock Mk7

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I think it depends if its the regular GTI or the sport package.

Here's a video i posted a few days back that might give us an idea. Thought it was interesting No one commented... :(

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67073

i didnt comment cause i didnt want to believe a stage 2 gti vs a stock mk7 with a passenger would be that close. I doubt a stock mk7 would hang that close to a gti stage 2 mk6 but who knows, only time will tell as they are released. i think it was a bad driver in the mk6. post a video of an mk7 vs a ms3 now thats a race id like to see stock vs stock

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
Oh ya, that's a repost lol

Damn... Lol

i didnt comment cause i didnt want to believe a stage 2 gti vs a stock mk7 with a passenger would be that close. I doubt a stock mk7 would hang that close to a gti stage 2 mk6 but who knows, only time will tell as they are released. i think it was a bad driver in the mk6. post a video of an mk7 vs a ms3 now thats a race id like to see stock vs stock

Yeah that first race is surprisingly close, the second race, the stage 2 walks it pretty good. But both cars here are DSG so can't blame it on a bad driver. Lol

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Damn... Lol

Yeah that first race is surprisingly close, the second race, the stage 2 walks it pretty good. But both cars here are DSG so can't blame it on a bad driver. Lol

Good point although dsg can be shifted at the wrong rpms if and most likely in M mode. Although youre right the second race was much different than the first. Cant wait for the ms3 vs mk7 reviews and videos to pour in :drool:

Gti207

Ready to race!
I remember reading that the mk6 in the above video has an abt tune. Many have said how tame those tunes are. There's another video that I'll look for of a stage 2 revo vs a stock mk7 and the stage 2 embarrasses the mk7 by 5-10 car lengths.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Mk7 is not here yet, no numbers on it... and the first ones will cost 3-5k more than a comparable MK6 due to lack of discounts, I see very little reason to kick oneself at the moment.

McQueen77

Banned
Mid to late 2015 will be the best time to really look at Mk7s

Gti207

Ready to race!
Hadn't seen that before. That was a stage 2? Was it k03 stage 2 or k04 stage 2?? Damn thing was flying.

Not sure if he's got a ko4, I only know as much as the description unfortunately. I'd like to know more about that mk6 as well, it was a rocket.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
my guess not k04. race started at 22s and ended at 44s. on the pedal for 22 seconds, coming up on traffic in a stage 2 gti from a roll..of course its gonna look like like its hauling ass through traffic cause it is

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
In terms of the amount of power it puts out, the stg1 mk6 will win.
What we don't know is the gearing ratio of the mk7 and how heavy it is.
Aerodynamics should make a difference as well though I think it'll be similar.

Sent via a microwave.

kurupt_hawaiian

Ready to race!
October of 2105 my MK6 is paid off, and will have 120k miles on it. Seems to be about the perfect time. :)

The GTI spacerocket will be out by then...:D

gtiw7

Ready to race!
I think they should be pretty even.

*The mk7 is lighter (though questionable by how much exactly)
*Has more power
*Finally we are unsure what type of gearing ratio the trans has.

*I've read somewhere MK7 is approx 42kg lighter than MK6 as far as GTI is concerned (the gap in the normal Golf is even bigger at 9xkg lighter than MK6)

*little more power but lots of torque gains (350nm same as European MK6 R)

*Gear ratios on MK7 is way longer than before:
1st, 2nd & 3rd are almost identical. but 4th, 5th & 6th are noticably longer that you can reach top speed of 250+ km/h before entering the redline of 5th gear. in a stock mk7 6th gear is only for saving fuel (would be utilized if car is modified)