GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 Stage 1 vs Stock Mk7

Gti207

Ready to race!
I just bought a 2013 gti and I'm kicking myself in the but for not waiting for the mk7. I know the mk7 is faster than a stock mk6 but do you guys think an mk6 stage 1 could beat a stock mk7?

Merkle

Banned
From what I understand a Stg. 1 Mk6 and Mk7 will be about even. Stock for stock the Mk7 wins, and with a Stg. 1 tune the Mk6 will win against a stock Mk7.

I'm talking about the NA version we are speculated to receive, no valve lift or LSD.

McQueen77

Banned
^^ numbers for numbers stage 1 mk6 has almost 50lb ft of tq on a mk7 and about 30HP, pretty significant. mk7 is lighter but not by much.

i was THIS close to buying a 13 mk6 this past week and am glad i decided to hold out. i just know myself and that mk7 would drop and id drive it and id be bummed out of my mind that i was in the old platform for x amount more years.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Better to pick up the mk7 in a few years when you have multiple companies to to choose the best tunes, products and forum support imo. There is always a nicer / newer car out there. Gunna suck waiting on after market products/ support on the mk7 and any new car recalls etc etc. New car model dealer price gouging and driving off the lot depreciation never a good thing for the wallet. :thumbdown: Kinda nice saying mk6 gti is german engineered and manufactured in germany. not that mexico will make bad cars.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
From what I understand a Stg. 1 Mk6 and Mk7 will be about even. Stock for stock the Mk7 wins, and with a Stg. 1 tune the Mk6 will win against a stock Mk7.

I'm talking about the NA version we are speculated to receive, no valve lift or LSD.

NA = North America. Not Naturally Aspirated as I initially read. Pretty much shat myself there.

Gti207

Ready to race!
Better to pick up the mk7 in a few years when you have multiple companies to to choose the best tunes, products and forum support imo. There is always a nicer / newer car out there. Gunna suck waiting on after market products/ support on the mk7 and any new car recalls etc etc. New car model dealer price gouging and driving off the lot depreciation never a good thing for the wallet. :thumbdown: Kinda nice saying mk6 gti is german engineered and manufactured in germany. not that mexico will make bad cars.

This is true and a great way to think of it.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
I think they should be pretty even.

*The mk7 is lighter (though questionable by how much exactly)
*Has more power
*Finally we are unsure what type of gearing ratio the trans has.