GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who wants to guess what my 40k service estimate is?! (2011 TDI, DSG)

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
:yikes:

Lets just say... its a lot... Let's hear some guesses. This is at a dealer where I had my free maintenance done. I really like the dealer because they usually do a good job.

It includes
1. Air Filter
2. Cabin Air
3. Engine Oil
4. Fuel Filter
5. Brake fluid (not sure why)
6. DSG service.

They can also include some additional services such as TDI fuel system flush and engine oil flush +$80.

$930:(

Last edited:

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
$825

eurocars1

Ready to race!
$1100? the fuel system flush and oil flush are crap. We used to do that when I was a tech at a Toyota dealership. It consisted of adding an 8 oz container of additive to your oil, and a pint of fuel system cleaner to the tank. It was a huge ripoff and I always felt bad for people that would buy those

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
warmer
even warmer...
$1100? the fuel system flush and oil flush are crap. We used to do that when I was a tech at a Toyota dealership. It consisted of adding an 8 oz container of additive to your oil, and a pint of fuel system cleaner to the tank. It was a huge ripoff and I always felt bad for people that would buy those
too hot...
No kidding... with that included it is even higher.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
i paid somwhere around $362 iir. just for the DSG. i did my own 40k. minus fuel filter :yikes:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Damn son.

How much of it is just the DSG flush?

Didn't ask... about just DSG. It is all or nothing for me. I will likely do the entire service myself. I have all the tools I need. If it is going to the dealer it will be for oil change only because the cost of oil+filter is nearly same for a DIY.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

dude... wtf :laugh: did you give me the quote? :laugh:

It was $930

With the other services it can go up to $1020, on a econohatch! Nuts

Last edited: