GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any recent GTI owners wishing they waited for the MK7 US release?

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion

lo ran

Passed Driver's Ed

lol and im sure there will be somebody stupid enough to actually buy it.. these cars that are out at the dealer are for pure test drive until the release date and are suppose to bring out costumers in.. dealers are putting their sticker price on them and trying to sell, scamming people pretty much.. i wont be shocked if the price is even lower.. from 32k for autobahn..

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Here are some pictures below.

The MK7 definitely looks better than in pictures and better than the mk6. I love the agreesive look and sharper angles. Headlights definitely need the red stripe to look good. The model I drove was the Autobahn with Lighting package.

The car drove amazing. It was extremely STIFF, actually unstable stiff. When I hit bumps, the front end was hoping around. I have a feeling the bump stops or shipping things were still in the front suspension. Anyone can confirm by the pictures of the height?

The cars interior was super nice, refined, quiet, and an upgrade over the MK6. The seats are a little wider and softer on the bottom cushion than the mk6 so it makes them wider. The back seemed the same. Steering is very responsive and the engine sound and power was amazing. Get on the throttle and that car moved out. It felt like it was a Stage 1 GTI like my 2011.

I was the first person to get to drive this car. It just got done with PDI and actually wasn't 100% complete yet other than the mechanical part.

Now I am pretty sure I am going to order the R. The ride bothered me a little bit about how stiff it was.

Enjoy!

GertieGTI

Ready to race!
NOPE. Picked up an 12' autobahn back in August and no regrets. I'm glad the MK7 looks so similar because it keeps my car looking fresh for a whole second generation!

MK6 + Stage 1 + black vinyl roof + color matched lower bumper + LED tails = MK7

Artysta

Ready to race!
Let's be real, The mk7 is superior to the mk6 in every possible way, except it comes with the same shitty tires.

Exterior Design - mk7>mk6>mk5
Interior Design - mk7>mk6>mk5
Performance - mk7>mk6>mk5
Ride Comfort - mk7 >mk6>mk5

Please tell me one way the mk6 is actually better.. and don't give me that "its built in germany" bs cause my mk6 had plenty of rattles,wind noises, wastegate rattles etc.

To the people who are saying the mk6 looks better or performs better are drinking some amazing magical kool-aid. My neighbour owns a mk6 gti, and was blown away after seeing mine in person. I especially don't get why would you get a 2014 model when you have a brand new model with a better platform, updated engine, better looks etc. for literally the same money.

Artysta

Ready to race!
NOPE. Picked up an 12' autobahn back in August and no regrets. I'm glad the MK7 looks so similar because it keeps my car looking fresh for a whole second generation!

MK6 + Stage 1 + black vinyl roof + color matched lower bumper + LED tails = MK6.5

Thats like saying mk6 + stage 1 + dual center exhaust = mk6 Golf R

You're missing: bigger turbo, lighter weight, better fuel consumption, longer, wider, lower, progressive steering, new platform, refined dsg transmission, better tuning capabilities.

formul8

My GLI farts
The MK7 comes with a set of Dunlop SP Sport AS all-season tires.
The MK6 comes with a set of Pirelli P Zero Nero 1 season tires.

All four Mk7's the local dealer had in stock have Pirelli's. It's one of the first things I noticed since the same tires came on my 2010. Those tires suck.

cobie56

Ready to race!
Let's be real, The mk7 is superior to the mk6 in every possible way, except it comes with the same shitty tires.

Please tell me one way the mk6 is actually better.. and don't give me that "its built in germany" bs cause my mk6 had plenty of rattles,wind noises, wastegate rattles etc.

To the people who are saying the mk6 looks better or performs better are drinking some amazing magical kool-aid. My neighbour owns a mk6 gti, and was blown away after seeing mine in person. I especially don't get why would you get a 2014 model when you have a brand new model with a better platform, updated engine, better looks etc. for literally the same money.

Would not disagree w u, but i must have a sunroof and the mk7 sunroof ruins it for me. I guess i prefer a sunroof to slide INTO the roof and not be on top of the roof like some oddball wing. Otherwise i like the mk7

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie

Looks are subjective.
I think the MK7 looks better, more aggressive and more expensive than the MK6.
But hey, people can think a MK4 looks better if they want to I guess.

Otherwise, yes MK7 is better in every way.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie

You did not equal a MK7 by going stage one on your MK6.
You might have equaled it in straight line performance, but there's a lot more to it than that.

jmnj

Ready to race!

The MK7 definitely looks better than in pictures and better than the mk6. I love the agreesive look and sharper angles. Headlights definitely need the red stripe to look good. The model I drove was the Autobahn with Lighting package.

The car drove amazing. It was extremely STIFF, actually unstable stiff. When I hit bumps, the front end was hoping around. I have a feeling the bump stops or shipping things were still in the front suspension. Anyone can confirm by the pictures of the height?

Yeah, the shipping pucks have definitely not been removed. Front is too high. Car looks exactly like the rest of the pictures I've seen with the pucks still on.

Artysta

Ready to race!
the ride is definitely stiff but not bumpy. It feels alot more refined than my mk6. Here are some shots of my mk7

Attachments

• photo 4-1.JPG
    photo 4-1.JPG
    435.9 KB · Views: 988
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    521.7 KB · Views: 153
  • photo 1-1.JPG
    photo 1-1.JPG
    494.3 KB · Views: 139
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    473.9 KB · Views: 154

Artysta

Ready to race!

The cars interior was super nice, refined, quiet, and an upgrade over the MK6. The seats are a little wider and softer on the bottom cushion than the mk6 so it makes them wider. The back seemed the same. Steering is very responsive and the engine sound and power was amazing. Get on the throttle and that car moved out. It felt like it was a Stage 1 GTI like my 2011.

I was the first person to get to drive this car. It just got done with PDI and actually wasn't 100% complete yet other than the mechanical part.

Now I am pretty sure I am going to order the R. The ride bothered me a little bit about how stiff it was.

Enjoy!

I've noticed that my tailights are different. The ones on the white are all red, I have a white strip at the bottom.... hmmm i wonder if the ones for the canadian market are different. See pics in my previous post