GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Turbo Yaris to Cadillac ATS Transformation: Petrolhead Fights Car ADD, but loses

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
Money problems? ATS + Monster Miata

Miata
Is
Always
The
Answer

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Yea, plus insurance costs would be less too.

Amazingly, my wife thinks I should call the dealer tomorrow once I know what the Pacer sells for to do the deal. I'm leaning toward that route, might be too late, doe. They were dealing to get the car off the books before they had to pay for it for another month. Not sure when they're new month starts, but I could hit them at a moment of desperation.

outshined

Go Kart Champion
Only Corvette I would buy for over 20k is a C7. If I weren't buying a C7, I would buy the cheapest one possible.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
DetroitPlac

:laugh:

i4issues... that dude seems clueless about the car/maintenance history. Only 1 pic listed...

As it sits it likely needs a new clutch soon, prob brakes, likely all the fluids changed, probably tires etc etc etc.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Black Superbee popped up in San Jose:

2013 Dodge Charger 4D Sedan SRT8 Superbee - $34992 (San Jose)
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ctd/4692821394.html

Could probably nab it for $33,000. Wish I was ready to move forward. Only problem is it doesn't have HID headlights. The ONLY thing I don't miss about those cars is the gas mileage.

I could put my $1000 mod egg into my payoff instead.. but then i'd still be stuck with my GTI for another year anyway, and extra bored. Might as well buy a mod to pass the next year. I might be even on the GTI payoff right now, but i need $3000-$4000 cash in it before I trade it in. Not to mention I would then be taking on a new 5 year $35,000 loan, when i only owe about $21,000 on this GTI right now.

Last edited:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

Could probably nab it for $33,000. Wish I was ready to move forward. Only problem is it doesn't have HID headlights. The ONLY thing I don't miss about those cars is the gas mileage.

Wow that car has had some epic depreciation....

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Definitely worth driving. If it is in good shape it will probably always be worth 10k. You could drive it for the cost of mods.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Seriously, that's what I'm thinking. And it's probably only a few hours from me. Could be worth the trip just to see what it's like.

:laugh:

i4issues... that dude seems clueless about the car/maintenance history. Only 1 pic listed...

As it sits it likely needs a new clutch soon, prob brakes, likely all the fluids changed, probably tires etc etc etc.

Yea, that's the only thing that concerns me. I'd upgrade the brakes, suspension, and tires anyway...and fluid and clutch doesn't scare me. I've done clutches before, and unless it's impossible on these cars, I'm sure I could handle it over the winter when I have nothing else to do.

But the engine maintenance...it has to have had regular oil changes, or it could be pretty well worn. That's what I'd need to see. The guy does seem pretty clueless too, which is a major concern.

Damn, they dropped fast. 8-speed in the new ones killing resale?

Wow that car has had some epic depreciation....

Intense depreciation, breh.