GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eonon Comes here with our Great GM5152/GM5153, D5152/D5153 VW Golf Car DVD GPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

emptyheader

Passed Driver's Ed
ok... got it installed and its okay so far but the radio is just AWFUL even after using this enfig dual fakra adapter....

http://enfigcarstereo.com/ENFIG_AAA_VWAUD5.html

Anyone using this adapter with success? It seems like the single wire adapter supplied with the unit is slightly better. Still awful. I can get about 5 FM stations and no AM stations at all...

...and those 5 stations that do come in are fuzzy and crackle fading in and out while driving...

**** I noticed the adapter has a blue wire. Anyone know where this connects to? Could be causing my problem but the dude in the install video didn't connect it to anything... ****

Last edited:

penance

Fakinsupa
I want to order this... but the "awful" radio reception just keeps popping up in all these threads :(
Curious to see how well plugging the blue wire in improves things..

gliitch

Ready to race!
ok... got it installed and its okay so far but the radio is just AWFUL even after using this enfig dual fakra adapter....

Anyone using this adapter with success? It seems like the single wire adapter supplied with the unit is slightly better. Still awful. I can get about 5 FM stations and no AM stations at all...

...and those 5 stations that do come in are fuzzy and crackle fading in and out while driving...

**** I noticed the adapter has a blue wire. Anyone know where this connects to? Could be causing my problem but the dude in the install video didn't connect it to anything... ****

blue wire is for power. turns the amp on in the adapter. i am not sure if all adapters have the amp in them.

emptyheader

Passed Driver's Ed
where do we connect this blue power wire to?

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion

blue wire is for power. turns the amp on in the adapter. i am not sure if all adapters have the amp in them.

where do we connect this blue power wire to?

Hi evilbunny, no worry I’ll try my best to help you. I’ve asked about our tech about your issue and how to connect the blue ANT cable, will inform you by Email for better record in the future. Pls kindly wait for a while, thanks!

AP GTI

I connected mine to the power antenna blue cable and the radio reception I believe is close to oem quality I'd say 95% of the factory clarity

hershey5784

Installed on the mk5, worked out well. The dual fakra antennas didn't work with the mk5 antennas, i just used the single fakra. GPS locks up instantly. I have link to maps, but not sure if we can post up torrent sites. overall i'm pretty satisfied with it.

penance

Fakinsupa
Installed on the mk5, worked out well. The dual fakra antennas didn't work with the mk5 antennas, i just used the single fakra. GPS locks up instantly. I have link to maps, but not sure if we can post up torrent sites. overall i'm pretty satisfied with it.

You need an adapter to connect the two single Fakra am/fm connections that converts it to the dual, like on a mk6... so you can plug it into the dual fakra antenna adapter. Or so I was lead to believe..

Curious, as I was going to put this on my old mk5 as well.

penance

Fakinsupa
Would you happen to have the link to the adapter?

This is the regular one everyone with an MK6 on here prob bought seperately:
MK6 Fakra adapter

This is the converter cable I figured MK5 guys needed to have as well to convert an MK5 Fakra setup to an MK6 Fakra setup, that would connect to the first link:
Fakra MK5 to MK6

Unless someone has a link to a MK5 Fakra adapter... I haven't looked much, but didn't see one yet.

AP GTI

Hi Hershey
I've tried downloading igo but alway get missing maps.
Any suggestions.

Cheers

AP GTI

yogif

Hi yogif, glad to hear you like our unit!:thumbup:

For the 1st question, I need to check with our tech and reply to you later.

For the 2nd one, it’s normal that our unit can’t show the name of the incoming caller. Since the bluetooth version of our
unit is 2.0, which can’t support name display while calling. Hope you can understand.

For the 3rd one, since the youtube has encryption for the screen mirroring, now you can't view it. Our R&D is looking at it and may develop a new software to fix this. But we’re not sure about the specific days. I’ll update you guys and send PM to you specially if I get any news in the future, please stay tuned, thanks! ;)

Hi carlos, any update on this? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.