GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ZIZA taillights

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
I bought the copper ziza tails from ECS. I paid 400 for them and the quality is as good as OEM! Fitment was also perfect!

ALRDESIGN

Passed Driver's Ed
From the pictures I saw, it appeared that the Ziza tails left some gaps when they're installed. I'm too OCD for that. I just held out and bought a set of used OEM dark cherry tails from a user on here for $550.

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
From the pictures I saw, it appeared that the Ziza tails left some gaps when they're installed. I'm too OCD for that. I just held out and bought a set of used OEM dark cherry tails from a user on here for $550.

Reason i love these so much is because they fit like my oem's. No gap, no leaks, look great, and everything is built into the tails

phuccer1

Ready to race!

This is also what I was thinking since I didn't know these existed and went to ECS to check the pricing. An additional $100 give or take, and you can get used pair of OEMs.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Honestly, those Ziza tail lights don't look that bad. However......they only look good on CW Golfs/GTIs. I think they will look awkward on other colors. The pricing isn't appealing either.

kiyoshi147

Ready to race!
LED Taillights + Euro Switch = City Lights?

Tails have been installed for a bit over 3 months now. They look great and work fine (once coded properly).
I installed the Euro Switch and did the wire swap for the rear fog. Not that hard, just difficult to find the correct information sometimes.

I have one question though, and hopefully once it gets resolved, I will post the exact details of the install and pics of them installed.

With the Euro Switch installed, there is an extra "on" position for the headlights. It is technically the city lights position, but it currently just runs the low beams (with dimmed LED DRLs) and tails without front or rear fog functionality.
Somewhere buried deep in a 100 or so page thread there is a wire swap that allows that switch position to have you DRLs at full brightness with your tails. All i know is that it should be swap wires 8 and 52 (or something like that) but i don't know which connector block under the dash (black, brown, or white) each wire is from.
Can anyone point me in the right direction for this info?!?!?

I would love to have the Euro Switch and Taillights living up to their full potential. Having the Taillights running at times when the headlights aren't needed would be really nice. I have a black car, and i feel that on many evenings driving home my car gets "lost" to cars behind me.

I'm hoping to get this last thing sorted out, so i can do a big post of pictures and detailed instructions with the correct coding and wire placements.

Thanks in advance.

Alejoms

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought the Led Ziza tail lights for $380 last year. Installation was fine but fitment is not 100% perfect. Also, the left tail light lights red when engaging reverse and the right one lights white. That and the gaps bother me, but they were the cheapest I could find.

Here's a pic of my Golf R with them installed.

and a crappy pic of both my Golf R and GTI with them installed..