GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ZIZA taillights

kiyoshi147

Ready to race!
I'm sure you meant to say #19, not #10. :D

I appreciate the help.

The link is a great Step by Step for the city lights and a general Euro Switch swap, it unfortunately does not work for Xenon headlight w/ LED DRL cars.

Running a wire from #3 to #19 results in bulb out warnings and not the desired effect. I'm going nuts trying to find the answer to this issue.

Most threads that even talk about it give me plenty of solutions for disabling DRLs (or using the fogs as DRLs) via VCDS coding, but none go into the wiring that needs to be done to get the DRLs running with the side markers and taillights when the Euro Switch is in the 1st "on" position.

Anybody have any ideas? there are so many threads for the Golf to upgrade the lights, but not nearly as many (that i can find and sort through) for the GTI already with the Xenon and LED DRL.

kiyoshi147

Ready to race!
I appreciate the help.

The link is a great Step by Step for the city lights and a general Euro Switch swap, it unfortunately does not work for Xenon headlight w/ LED DRL cars.

Running a wire from #3 to #19 results in bulb out warnings and not the desired effect. I'm going nuts trying to find the answer to this issue.

Most threads that even talk about it give me plenty of solutions for disabling DRLs (or using the fogs as DRLs) via VCDS coding, but none go into the wiring that needs to be done to get the DRLs running with the side markers and taillights when the Euro Switch is in the 1st "on" position.

Anybody have any ideas? there are so many threads for the Golf to upgrade the lights, but not nearly as many (that i can find and sort through) for the GTI already with the Xenon and LED DRL.

Everything works now. It is #3 on the Switch to #19 on the Black CECM. The codes were thrown because the CECM didn't make a full connection when I pushed it back in to test.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in!