GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The friggen F23T (videos)

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
BTW, I'm not trying to bash ED at all. I like that I could dyno tune the car with it, but it's pretty good money to buy the suite plus get a custom tune.

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
All good, I used APR for stage 1 because of the free stage 2 upgrade. I like the F23 and I know at some point I'll want more. Now when that day comes if it means a big turbo for this car I can easily handle the tune. If I keep the car for another 14 years and give the car to my daughter I can de tune easily and bring the power levels down to a safer range.

My expectation is although yes I do hope that they include DSG tune in the maestro package I already bought I'll be paying the full price as it really is a different product but if HPA let me keep the tool I would be happier about the price tag. I'm an IT professional and leaving the control of my modified electronics in the hands of someone else just isn't my first choice.

BTW do you have Vagcom? Have you set your xds bumped up to 2? Not certain this would help but it may... I don't really know anything about transmissions...

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
All good, I used APR for stage 1 because of the free stage 2 upgrade. I like the F23 and I know at some point I'll want more. Now when that day comes if it means a big turbo for this car I can easily handle the tune. If I keep the car for another 14 years and give the car to my daughter I can de tune easily and bring the power levels down to a safer range.

My expectation is although yes I do hope that they include DSG tune in the maestro package I already bought I'll be paying the full price as it really is a different product but if HPA let me keep the tool I would be happier about the price tag. I'm an IT professional and leaving the control of my modified electronics in the hands of someone else just isn't my first choice.

BTW do you have Vagcom? Have you set your xds bumped up to 2? Not certain this would help but it may... I don't really know anything about transmissions...

Not, I don't have vagcom. I've wanted to pick one up for a while, but funds are just about gone for me for a while.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
Maybe some changes to the f23 file would help? I have maestro and the file but I wouldn't know what to change.

The problem is ED does not have the manpower to do much, its basically just a few guys that worked on the file, kept it safe, and it's up to you basically after that. Once the vii came out, the mk6 support basically went out the window IMO. To be fair, this isn't uncommon to any other brand of car that comes out with a new platform.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
The problem is ED does not have the manpower to do much, its basically just a few guys that worked on the file, kept it safe, and it's up to you basically after that. Once the vii came out, the mk6 support basically went out the window IMO. To be fair, this isn't uncommon to any other brand of car that comes out with a new platform.

Yeah they wont revise the program im about 80% sure they wont touch it. They just made a safe program for the masses to use. It is a good program as mike is showing in his video and it seems to work well with him. Obviously getting in with a dyno tune would be the most ideal way about it which is the beauty and design really of the Maestro software.

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
You guys do know that I made 430WTQ and 480WHP on Eurodyne's K04 tune... With my GT30. I didn't Dyno tune it. That's at 28/29 psi. I race as high as 34.

People put too much emphasize on the differences between the tunes, in my opinion. I personally would never use DM as they have the worst customer service in the industry. Even worse than Eurodyne and ED is owned/managed by ONE person lol.

The fact is for 700 dollars, I have the ability to change/edit my tune whenever I feel like I need to. That's why I went with ED.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
You guys do know that I made 430WTQ and 480WHP on Eurodyne's K04 tune... With my GT30. I didn't Dyno tune it. That's at 28/29 psi. I race as high as 34.

People put too much emphasize on the differences between the tunes, in my opinion. I personally would never use DM as they have the worst customer service in the industry. Even worse than Eurodyne and ED is owned/managed by ONE person lol.

The fact is for 700 dollars, I have the ability to change/edit my tune whenever I feel like I need to. That's why I went with ED.

When I asked Doug (who has worked with Bronson a lot ) what tune he felt like I should use, he recommended DMs k04 file because it was a 150.00 upgrade, has an aggressive fuel map, and would work well since I didn't care to do a dyno tune. Bronson's file consistently has made 330/360, so at the same requested boost levels the friggen F23T I'm sure it would be higher.

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
When I asked Doug (who has worked with Bronson a lot ) what tune he felt like I should use, he recommended DMs k04 file because it was a 150.00 upgrade, has an aggressive fuel map, and would work well since I didn't care to do a dyno tune. Bronson's file consistently has made 330/360, so at the same requested boost levels the friggen F23T I'm sure it would be higher.

I mean, if you're already in with DM, then there obviously would be no point to switch. That's kind of what I'm saying. Stay with what you know.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
I mean, if you're already in with DM, then there obviously would be no point to switch. That's kind of what I'm saying. Stay with what you know.

Right, I get what you mean, and no...their customer service isn't great, but the files have been amazing and trouble free for me thus far. I have emailed them to ask about the DSG tune, but haven't gotten a response yet. I have been in contact with HPA though, and they are very informative and addressed all my questions.

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
Right, I get what you mean, and no...their customer service isn't great, but the files have been amazing and trouble free for me thus far. I have emailed them to ask about the DSG tune, but haven't gotten a response yet. I have been in contact with HPA though, and they are very informative and addressed all my questions.

Tell Darryl (I assume that is who you are speaking to) that RJ with the 500HP GTI said hi. I'm sure you'll be treated well. ???

Also, I'm sure you could convince them to make little tweaks to your DSG software if you wanted.

For example: I left "D" mode completely oem and stock. No increased pressure, no changes in shifting points to assure the longevity of my clutches. I only use manual mode to race with the increased pressures.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
Tell Darryl (I assume that is who you are speaking to) that RJ with the 500HP GTI said hi. I'm sure you'll be treated well. ???

Also, I'm sure you could convince them to make little tweaks to your DSG software if you wanted.

For example: I left "D" mode completely oem and stock. No increased pressure, no changes in shifting points to assure the longevity of my clutches. I only use manual mode to race with the increased pressures.

Yes, I spoke with Daryll. Very nice gentleman. Still trying to figure out how I will pay for this though.

What about sport mode? Kept it the same too? I always drive in manual mode...I can average 33 mpg per tank by just shifting when the rpms are low.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Dunno yet. Haven't been driving "normal" yet. Just blasting around.

K04 I was 27-28 f23 26-27 on 50/50 22-23 Hahahaha I'm scared I'll be like 20mpg

BUT e85 is cheaper than 91 sometimes over a dollar.