GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The friggen F23T (videos)

shaolinmastr

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm still waiting on Eurodyne to send me a base file for the F23T. Already ordered the turbo.

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Just logged into maestro and saw that I needed an update. Did so and there is now an option to flash DSG... So I tried it I need 800 credits to license the ECU. I'm of course going to reach out to Eurodyne and confirm that its ready for my model before I purchase but DSG tune may come sooner rather than later if I can do it all in my driveway.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
Just logged into maestro and saw that I needed an update. Did so and there is now an option to flash DSG... So I tried it I need 800 credits to license the ECU. I'm of course going to reach out to Eurodyne and confirm that its ready for my model before I purchase but DSG tune may come sooner rather than later if I can do it all in my driveway.

That's great man, port flashing the ecu and dsg is just going to become the standard now. Everyone should have had this ability a long time ago to begin with.

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
So I'm waiting to see if I'm compatible, I had to go into control module and look at address 2 to provide specs. The cost is as expected. 8 credits or $499 for an additional license to the cable which is better than paying $600 and having to drive 2.5 hrs to the closest Eurodyne Dealer.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
So I'm waiting to see if I'm compatible, I had to go into control module and look at address 2 to provide specs. The cost is as expected. 8 credits or $499 for an additional license to the cable which is better than paying $600 and having to drive 2.5 hrs to the closest Eurodyne Dealer.

No doubt there :word:

blue_mkvi_gti

Ready to race!

Did you get the tcu tune yet?

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Sorry forgot to report back, the file I need isn't yet on the server to download. They're going to try get it uploaded next week sometime.

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, I intended to do the DSG tune last week and I got caught up with some other projects and it's been cold as heck. So I've purchased the credits, had to email support because it told me my file wasn't on the server yet. They resolved that for me today so I just went out to load it and now I need to select the ECU type. I know the engine ECU is a Med 17 does anyone know the ECU type for our DSG?

I've got an email out to support again but figured there may be someone here with the answer.

** looks like DQ250 based on my research but there were 2 DQ250 options in the drop down. I'll let support confirm before I flash it and I will report back when it's complete**

Eurodyne got back to me early this morning. The correct ECU Type from the dropdown is DQ250*XX

Also if you READ the menu options you can see this was my mistake as that option is for power tap users there is a different section for maestro users that's fully automatic when the file is available for your car. Flash only took about 5 mins. I won't be able to drive it till this evening though.

Last edited:

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Took the car for a short drive, there currently isn't any snow on the roads but it is 20* outside here now. The car drives buttery smooth, that hiccup I was talking about when I first loaded the F23 Base file is gone. I'm really happy with what I've seen so far but I really need to get more time behind the wheel!

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
Took the car for a short drive, there currently isn't any snow on the roads but it is 20* outside here now. The car drives buttery smooth, that hiccup I was talking about when I first loaded the F23 Base file is gone. I'm really happy with what I've seen so far but I really need to get more time behind the wheel!

How much extra is the dsg tune over the software you already bought?

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
what do you get now a days?

Dunno yet. Haven't been driving "normal" yet. Just blasting around.

K04 I was 27-28 f23 26-27 on 50/50 22-23 Hahahaha I'm scared I'll be like 20mpg

BUT e85 is cheaper than 91 sometimes over a dollar.

Ok after driving around for awhile now I'm averaging 18-19 mpg hahahahaha. But with the price difference between 91 and E85 it comes to about the same overall.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Flex fuel?

I dont think any station in my area has E85....

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
How much extra is the dsg tune over the software you already bought?

I purchased the Eurodyne Maestro Suite for $800
In order to do the DSG tune it requires another license as you get 1 license per ECU not per vehicle. It takes 8 credits to buy a license and the current cost of 8 credits is $499.

What I've got from the $1300 is the ability to load stage 2 and find some power out of the IHI that APR wasn't using. A base file for the F23 when I installed it. As well as access to Eurodyne stage 1 and k04 files if I were ever to downgrade for any reason. I have the ability to custom tune the car on street or Dyno, this means I could even have files for drag racing, autox, road courses, race fuel etc. there is only 1 file for the DSG as far as I know and there doesn't seem to be documentation spelling out what the changes do but Rotary runs it that was good enough for me, not to mention the ability to install it in my driveway.

If I upgrade to a BT setup down the road I'm future proof there too as I can run a customized tune w/o purchasing software again. I do believe that my DSG tune was $100 cheaper than buying plot outside of maestro also.