GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IE MK5 & MK6 2.0T TSI HIGH FLOW COLD AIR INTAKE KIT

RaySkodaTSI

Ready to race!
Felt some vibrations in the brake pedal upon start-up lately and found the bracket had snapped.

IE customer service has been great, said they've revised that bracket and will have a replacement sent out in a week or 2.

Yes. IE customer service is terrific. I'm half way across the world in India and they have provided me with excellent support. The LHD golfs do have an issue with the brake cylinder sitting so close to the intake. For me I'm golden :-D

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Felt some vibrations in the brake pedal upon start-up lately and found the bracket had snapped.

IE customer service has been great, said they've revised that bracket and will have a replacement sent out in a week or 2.

What is it lately with the snapping brackets? [emoji33]Now I'm so worried every time I check my oil I check the intake first lol. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaySkodaTSI

Ready to race!
What is it lately with the snapping brackets? [emoji33]Now I'm so worried every time I check my oil I check the intake first lol. [emoji16]

Honest answer.. it's a bad design or a flaw that got overlooked by IE. Rare, but happens..

steve9842015

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah, seems to be a weak point that they've realized and redesigned. Said it's happened to both cars with stock mounts and those with stiffer mounts. I'm k04 with stiffer mounts, took about 8 months for it to snap.

Still, this has been by far the best intake I've used on this car. The fitment with everything else is perfect and it sounds great.

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, seems to be a weak point that they've realized and redesigned. Said it's happened to both cars with stock mounts and those with stiffer mounts. I'm k04 with stiffer mounts, took about 8 months for it to snap.

Still, this has been by far the best intake I've used on this car. The fitment with everything else is perfect and it sounds great.

Wait there is a new version with a different bracket?

RaySkodaTSI

Ready to race!
Finally some hard figures and facts..

IE intake seems to be suffering from open filter in hot engine bay syndrome. Needs a closed airbox to fully utilize the big filter and bellmouth!

As is, the APR is able to flow more and record more g/s in the MAF sensor.
Also the IE pulls were in 10 degree C cooler air too.

APR vs IE Intake Comparo.png

BlackedOutZ28

It looks like I have now had the same issue as one of the prior people that posted. The mount on the stage 2 pipe snapped on me. It was going strong for a good 5 months and the other night when I started my car I felt the clunking through the clutch and brake pedal. I'm wondering if the cold had an effect on the integrity of the metal. Still need to reach out to IE, but I assume they will make it right!

This may be something to look at shipping with an updated mount back there. Aside from this little setback, I have been pleased with the mount!

Edit: I see they have the mount updated now! Nice!

Potato pic due to lighting:

FriggenT1

Banned
Finally some hard figures and facts..

IE intake seems to be suffering from open filter in hot engine bay syndrome. Needs a closed airbox to fully utilize the big filter and bellmouth!

As is, the APR is able to flow more and record more g/s in the MAF sensor.
Also the IE pulls were in 10 degree C cooler air too.

View attachment 54362

That's actually quite a fair amount. As much as I admit I've been critical of apr, the Carbonio has proven hp and g/s numbers. Still wouldn't mind seeing a bigger filter...or at least the filter with a hole in the center...the flat front filter style to me didn't make sense to me to get a ram air effect.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
That's actually quite a fair amount. As much as I admit I've been critical of apr, the Carbonio has proven hp and g/s numbers. Still wouldn't mind seeing a bigger filter...or at least the filter with a hole in the center...the flat front filter style to me didn't make sense to me to get a ram air effect.

This. Wish they had an open ended filter that fit it as well.

FriggenT1

Banned
This. Wish they had an open ended filter that fit it as well.

Yeah, interestingly enough, though the IE intake is quite nice looking, more seem happy with their uni or carbonio...I don't recall seeing any dynos showing more (or much more) power over the Carbonio and tbh, I've seen some pretty good g/s on a totally stock intake. Perhaps the most I ever saw was 280 ish on an evoms intake.

On a side note, when I asked Steve (from modshack) how to get the best possible flow for the most amount of power without caring how it looked, sounded, etc, he replied "I'd probably get the biggest filter that would fit in that area and run it straight off the maf", which is what some BT guys here do

zrickety

The Fixer
I combined their stage 2 pipe with the stage 1 carbonio on my k04, I'm very happy with it.