GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB tuning?!

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
Here are a couple of my logs and a dyno. One is just cruising with cruise control on, the other is a log of my ripping it pretty hard. It looks like I am getting peak boosts in the 12s. So by my logs wouldn't the whole atmospheric pressure theory be wrong, or i would never be reaching boost. Also these logs were taken before my ECU fully adjusted to the tune. I feel like its a lot more adjusted and running better now.

How long or many miles after the flash was it?

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
also weird it seems some peoples AP show vacuum/boost, other people are just seeing psi 0-30. Is there a setting for that?

spenny02

Ready to race!
Ill do another log in a little bit. Mine is showing peaks of -10 vacuum and 12 boost. Wouldn't that be about right if it was already calculating the atmospheric pressure? The thing that was concerning me is that my boost appeared to be dropping off in the higher rpms. Maybe my data logs are wrong, because my car is definitely more powerful

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
Here are a couple of my logs and a dyno. One is just cruising with cruise control on, the other is a log of my ripping it pretty hard. It looks like I am getting peak boosts in the 12s. So by my logs wouldn't the whole atmospheric pressure theory be wrong, or i would never be reaching boost. Also these logs were taken before my ECU fully adjusted to the tune. I feel like its a lot more adjusted and running better now.

the ripping it log is better in some ways but worse in others its weird.

Requested boost is still mid to high 20's, so ok take away atmosphere. But actual boost shows -/+ however actual only get to like 12psi which is way low.

Something else weird is the one WOT pull requested afr only goes down to 13.3 and actual matches, but thats crazy lean. But the next WOT pull still requests 13.3 but actual is down at a normal 12.2ish, then the next one is like 12.7ish.

Its just so inconsistent not sure which numbers to trust.

mophisto

Ready to race!
?

Literally the best thing I've seen all day.:w00t:

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
Ill do another log in a little bit. Mine is showing peaks of -10 vacuum and 12 boost. Wouldn't that be about right if it was already calculating the atmospheric pressure? The thing that was concerning me is that my boost appeared to be dropping off in the higher rpms. Maybe my data logs are wrong, because my car is definitely more powerful

thats still not right, it should be about -20 at idle/off throttle, and like 15-17psi at wot.

Is that what the AP shows on the display? just wondering if the AP live display is different from the log

Im pretty sure I know what the problem is and just shows how much different these ecus are from others.

spenny02

Ready to race!
thats still not right, it should be about -20 at idle/off throttle, and like 15-17psi at wot.

Is that what the AP shows on the display? just wondering if the AP live display is different from the log

Im pretty sure I know what the problem is and just shows how much different these ecus are from others.
Ill take a look and a log here in a few. I'm hoping all these inconsistencies are with the apr software and not my car. Something I noticed this morning, it was kinda cold outside. I was in a hurry and didn't have time to let my car warm up. When I took off it felt like my throttle was sticking when I would let off the accelerator. Car never has done that before

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
Ill take a look and a log here in a few. I'm hoping all these inconsistencies are with the apr software and not my car. Something I noticed this morning, it was kinda cold outside. I was in a hurry and didn't have time to let my car warm up. When I took off it felt like my throttle was sticking when I would let off the accelerator. Car never has done that before

APR software?!?

Where did you see the -10/+12? Was that on the AP gauges?

Im sure your car is mechanically fine. Your log is pretty odd but the best one, there are others that are literally useless, like I said im pretty sure I know what it is and its not anything with your car.

spenny02

Ready to race!
APR software?!?

Where did you see the -10/+12? Was that on the AP gauges?

Im sure your car is mechanically fine. Your log is pretty odd but the best one, there are others that are literally useless, like I said im pretty sure I know what it is and its not anything with your car.
That was just scanning through the logs. But I haven't seen any peaks on the display that are higher than those. I meant cobb, it's hard to keep up with all these APR/COBB conversations

Last edited:

MMKAY6

Ready to race!
Update:

As you guys know, I flashed the Stage 1 93 tune on Tuesday after leaving COBB and liked the top end power but didn't like the lack of power in the lower rpm range. The next day I flashed the Stage 1 93 High Boost tune and that one has been a lot better. Power down low is improved over stock and the car pulls very hard on top. I'm looking forward to continued updates from COBB in the future.

spenny02

Ready to race!
Ok i did a couple more pulls. The first one i tried to do a steady climb 1st gear - 4th. On the second one I got on it kinda hard. Looking at the AP itself i saw vacuum max of -10.8 and Boost of 11.2, it was kinda hard to watch, drive, shift, and hold the AP at the same time. On the second pull the clutch felt like it was slipping, no bueno. Unless the higher boost is getting the RPMs up quicker than it can lay it down? https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F31B63D52DD66B9B!1602&authkey=!AME_leCIjh3q1X0&ithint=folder%2c

spenny02

Ready to race!
Update:

As you guys know, I flashed the Stage 1 93 tune on Tuesday after leaving COBB and liked the top end power but didn't like the lack of power in the lower rpm range. The next day I flashed the Stage 1 93 High Boost tune and that one has been a lot better. Power down low is improved over stock and the car pulls very hard on top. I'm looking forward to continued updates from COBB in the future.
Did you ever download the updated maps from APR, that helped me out on the stage 1 93. I haven't tried the High Boost yet.

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
when you guys do logs done worry about watching the AP, its unsafe, thats why it records.

to do a log you have to do 3rd or 4th(preferred) starting about 2k rpm and get as high as you can rpm wise. having like 2 seconds and 1k rpm of wot doesnt give much data to analyze