GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB tuning?!

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
FYI you can get vd just about anywhere. AMA

I have VD on my PC and got it to work once by transforming a VCDS log into the AP format and plugging it into the MS3 model. It was horribly inaccurate. Haven't tried since; it's not really worth the effort to go through all that.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I idle at around -20 hg and peak around 14psi ish on high boost. but that's 91 stage 1
Edit: and on a janky newsouth boost gauge.

That sounds right according to their map notes...
https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wiki/display/PRS/Map+Notes+for+MK6+2010-2014+GTI

Stage 1 91 octane
~13.5psi tapering down to 10psi
Stage 1 93 Octane
~15psi tapering down to 11psi
Stage 1 High boost 91 octane
~16psi tapering down to 11psi
Stage 1 High boost 93 Octane
~17.5psi tapering down to 11psi

Stage 1+ 91 octane
~17psi tapering down to 11psi
Stage1+ 93 octane
~18psi tapering down to 11psi

Stage 2 91 octane
~18.5psi tapering down to 12.5psi
Stage 2 93 octane
~19.5psi tapering down to 13psi

blingdub

Go Kart Newbie
for the people saying that there's a dead zone under 3k RPM, is this your time with a tune or not?

pretty much every tune out there has a massive jump in torque from 2-3k RPM over stock and i'm wondering whether the perception of increased power also makes it feel like the lower RPMs has a dead zone when in fact it would be the same as stock at the same RPM.

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys,

what are you reading as far as your boost pressure? I have peaked at 31psi somehow. When idle, it's not in vacuum. When I was on the highway last night my AP was reading -50 in inches (or is it mm?) of mercury.

read a couple pages back. it appears that the AP is measuring in absolute pressure. if you subtract the atmospheric pressure (around 14.7), then you get the correct figure of around ~15psi.

I would agree its that they dont remove atmosphere for the excessively high boost numbers if it didn't show vacuum like the logs always just show boost.

But -50/+30 is just bizarre and obviously not right.

Can someone whos boost reads properly please share a log.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
From the little research I have done it's looking like $300 for a drop in disc or anywhere from $800-$1300 for a full kit. I was quoted about $700 for labor. So at minimum that's $1650 for clutch and tune.

Why not just go to get an RSR for $1k and have HS Tuning install it? Think they charge like $500. You're a 4 hr drive.

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Okay so after some quick searching it all makes sense. Boost reading (31 psi) minus atmospheric pressure (14.7 psi) puts me right around 16psi, before it tapers off.

As far as vacuum, average sea-level pressure measured with inHg (inches of mercury) is 29.92 inches, thus putting my -50 reading right at -20 vacuum, which is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

st0w

Passed Driver's Ed
Edit: and on a janky newsouth boost gauge.

Are you saying all New South boost gauges are janky, or just yours? I'd been looking into getting one recently...

mophisto

Ready to race!
Are you saying all New South boost gauges are janky, or just yours? I'd been looking into getting one recently...

Either? this is the first one I've had. People seem to like them, I am not 100% sold on it's accuracy. Not to mention I had to bodge a few fittings to get the piping included in the kit to work. the kit I got from ECS was slightly disappointing.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
I would agree its that they dont remove atmosphere for the excessively high boost numbers if it didn't show vacuum like the logs always just show boost.

But -50/+30 is just bizarre and obviously not right.

Can someone whos boost reads properly please share a log.

Not sure what you're on about. "Vacuum" is just absolute pressure below atmosphere. 5 psia is ~9.7 psi below 0 psig. The MAP doesn't read absolute pressure so when it reads 0 psi gauge, the ECU bottoms out on the correction factor.

What's the -50 you mentioned? I'm not able to open the log so I don't see what you are.

Sincerely, XGC75

spenny02

Ready to race!
My 3M tape mount that was included failed quick so I ordered this.

http://www.amazon.com/Windshield-Suction-Mount-Tuning-AccessPORT/dp/B00IMJ2S1K

It works great.

What boost is everyone getting for Stage 1 93 Oct. High Boost? I was on stage 1+ and spiked at 17.2, but I'm boosting lower now with the file I'm on. I had to change because Stage 1+ was only designed for a higher diameter MAF housing.
Nice find. I was hoping for a suction cup in the original packaging

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

spenny02

Ready to race!
Looks like I have a new start up screen

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

spenny02

Ready to race!
Here are a couple of my logs and a dyno. One is just cruising with cruise control on, the other is a log of my ripping it pretty hard. It looks like I am getting peak boosts in the 12s. So by my logs wouldn't the whole atmospheric pressure theory be wrong, or i would never be reaching boost. Also these logs were taken before my ECU fully adjusted to the tune. I feel like its a lot more adjusted and running better now.
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F31B63D52DD66B9B!1595&authkey=!AMLxqGLpQULKxnY&ithint=file%2ccsv
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F31B63D52DD66B9B!1593&authkey=!APeKQfttLlqFY7c&ithint=file%2ccsv
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F31B63D52DD66B9B!1594&authkey=!APFtAj0-NkoM91E&ithint=file%2ccsv

Last edited:

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
Not sure what you're on about. "Vacuum" is just absolute pressure below atmosphere. 5 psia is ~9.7 psi below 0 psig. The MAP doesn't read absolute pressure so when it reads 0 psi gauge, the ECU bottoms out on the correction factor.

What's the -50 you mentioned? I'm not able to open the log so I don't see what you are.

Sincerely, XGC75

Please just get on a computer and open the log already.

My point again is the log only ever shows psi. To most ppl they don't know about atmosphere, hell most don't even understand below 0 isn't negative psi. To the people that need to know I get that they know they are looking at but the way they do it I think is dumb.

In regards to the -50 that's what someone said his AP gauge was show, at idle was as low as-50in/hg and high as 30ish psi