GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I bought all the crap a year ago and never ended up doing it. I'm kinda over the having a pretty car thing.

Haha well I get one day off per summer to clean it inside and out before the track days. Sooo it's clean for a weekend ish lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
F1 is like jets for the ground
well said dude
im a huge hamilton fan
thats unfortunate
more of a nascar guy myself
nascar is okay, gets kind of boring
f1 is life
this^
Open wheel racing is meh, porsche road racing is more my style
i could see that
should be interesting seeing alonso in his first indy 500 race...especially cause hes skipping monaco to do it
i agree, i really do hope he does well. he qualified in the top 9
team redbull ftw
not bad
maybe ill watch monaco this weekend, since i was lucky enough in my life to actually visit the circuit
ah thats right you actually went there, so awesome.
watching racing on tv is dumb, id rather be at the track doing it myself. also mt > dsg discuss
typical jay response yeah^
cota is boring
agreed
f1 was so much better in my day. you know...when the engines were loud af
word i bet it was awesome man
Hey guys i havent been here in awhile, formula one is just now starting to get good again. been boring for past 2-3 years
yeah its getting there , agreed. good to see you here

Jaber

Modero
I hate having a dirty interior.

With a kiddo it can get out of control in a hurry.

Yeah, first time the kid put her foot on the door panel

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
well said dude

thats unfortunate

nascar is okay, gets kind of boring

this^

i could see that

i agree, i really do hope he does well. he qualified in the top 9

not bad

ah thats right you actually went there, so awesome.

typical jay response yeah^

agreed

word i bet it was awesome man

yeah its getting there , agreed. good to see you here

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I don't even know wtf "cota" is. Unless it's rallycross I have no interest lol

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Yep. The 1.8T in the alltrack is just a smaller displacement version of the gti motor. Why not go all the way and go for the IS38 if you're going to swap the turbo?

I was curious about why anyone hasn't done it yet either, but is there a tune for the IS38 on a 1.8T though?

Some of the Golf guys were saying that the powerband wouldn't be as useful with the IS38 on the 1.8T, and the IS20 was enough though

If you're trying to do it for cheap though...grab a used/take off IS20 for like $300 & tune it with some other mods for under $2k all in.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
I was curious about why anyone hasn't done it yet either, but is there a tune for the IS38 on a 1.8T though?

Some of the Golf guys were saying that the powerband wouldn't be as useful with the IS38 on the 1.8T, and the IS20 was enough though

If you're trying to do it for cheap though...grab a used/take off IS20 for like $300 & tune it with some other mods for under $2k all in.

The internals on the 1.8 aren't nearly as beefy as the gti motor is one reason I've read.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Feeling a bit better today. Just dropped the GTI off to get wheel bearing and axel boot fixed. Also get an estimate done for insurance. [emoji1303]

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Grad week so getting the family to all these different places is like herding cattle

Jaber

Modero
I lost in a 3way race yesterday. Need to get K04 ASAP.

KIA tries to get revenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.