GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Cause you have kids, id go with whatever gives you most space around your vehicles.

Good point is good.

Tho - a follow up: Is this going to be the ONLY garage space? Meaning wife and kiddo crap has to find its way in?

Or is there an attached garage to the house where the family hauler, kids bikes/balls/bats/toys will go?

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
This is the toy garage where I store/wrench. Family hauler will go in the existing two car.

Hmmm I was getting pretty set in the 3 car, but you all make a point on how narrow it will be. I need to lay this out.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
I can only do 625 sq/ft to code.

625 of building or total structure?

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
ChiChat16:Everyone Forgets How To Re Size Photos - Forum Explodes

Sq footage of building, i won’t have the width for the awning. But, I’ve thought about that.

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
ChiChat16:Everyone Forgets How To Re Size Photos - Forum Explodes

Damn you guys. I keep flip flopping. I drew it to scale at 28x22 3 car and 24x26 2 car.

I added in an FD, Slow2k and ‘65 Chevelle. With the Chevelle it’s about 3-4 feet in the back. The Newage Cabinets are only 18” deep that I plan to use. Ideal, no but still useable. With the Japanese cars, I have tons of space.

If I get a late 70s c10/20 long box then space does get tight, but fits.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
With that information: 24x26. Though - I think I'd turn it.... 26x24.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
If visiting san diego id recommend staying in pacific beach vs downtown. Some really nice airBNBs there.

Have you been to SK8Supply in Pacific Beach? I order most of my stuff from them. You should check them out next time you're out there. It's not just a skateshop but also a vintage skate museum, with a very impressive collection so I hear. They also house the wood shop for G&S and Alva skateboards. Definitely worth a visit if you're in the area.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
OK I change my mind. I would do a 3 car garage.

It's good storage during winter and when you want to work on a car, you WILL have to pull one out, but you will have more working space than you would with the 2 car garage anyways.

If you are like me, a pack rat and need shelves on all 3 sides, then the 2 car is the way to go. Since this is to supplement your house garage, I think a 3 car garage with nothing but tools is the way to go. This of course assuming you aren't using the cars every day because it's a tight fit with 3 cars in there all the time.

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
OK I change my mind. I would do a 3 car garage.

It's good storage during winter and when you want to work on a car, you WILL have to pull one out, but you will have more working space than you would with the 2 car garage anyways.

If you are like me, a pack rat and need shelves on all 3 sides, then the 2 car is the way to go. Since this is to supplement your house garage, I think a 3 car garage with nothing but tools is the way to go. This of course assuming you aren't using the cars every day because it's a tight fit with 3 cars in there all the time.

I am not a pack rat and all your assumptions are correct. What did you draw in? My Sketchup eval expired and the web version is just too slow for me.

I’ve settled in the 3 car as well. I think from a resell perspective it’s more attractive. If I don’t have 3 cars in it, one entire bay can be used for working if needed (also resale attractive).

Got a tree guy coming Saturday to take down a total of 12 trees, two giant hedges and about 24’x 14’ of brush I already cut for $3500.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Gents what do you use to restore your wheels finish? I have some light scratches on the clear coat of some black wheels. I want to clean, polish, and protect muh wheels. I read a lot of shit on what people use but there is just so much crap out there, I can't make a decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.