GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

jonfive

Just ordered an rcd330g from ebay the 187b. What's the issue with the bluetooth? I spent a bit of time going through this thread and haven't seen what the issue was. My software screen says 5515 and c210

Egbert

Just ordered an rcd330g from ebay the 187b. What's the issue with the bluetooth? I spent a bit of time going through this thread and haven't seen what the issue was. My software screen says 5515 and c210

It seems that units labelled C210 Bluetooth allow setting of volume levels for maps, music, Siri and calls independent of each other. It doesn’t sound like this is to do with the Bluetooth itself, just that it’s extra functionality in their firmware somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jonfive

With android auto or only carplay?

it has android auto, carplay and mirrorlink

I have a pixel2 xl.

Audio quality over usb lacks "depth". Almost like it's transcoding it to a lower sample rate in the headunit.

Bluetooth, however, sounds great. I'm fairly happy with it overall. Google maps and Waze are really nice to have over my ancient VW maps from the rns315 :p

jonfive

It seems that units labelled C210 Bluetooth allow setting of volume levels for maps, music, Siri and calls independent of each other. It doesn’t sound like this is to do with the Bluetooth itself, just that it’s extra functionality in their firmware somewhere.

gotcha, thanks! Thought it was something that really hindered it's usability - had me worried since i ordered it THEN saw this thread XD

golf4days

Hi all. I'm about to purchase and have found the 187E model cheaper than the previous links, at £203 with express delivery.

The same seller has the 187B model running the latest software as per the 187E, but £30 cheaper. Any advice on which one to go for would be appreciated, is it worth the extra money for the 187E if there is no software difference?

187B - H/W: 534, S/W: Y510, Blue: C210, Apple: 210.81
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...0020.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.a7eef5bHsKVy5

187E - H/W: 534, S/W: Y510, Blue: C210, Apple: 210.81
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/JND...Car-Radio-For-Golf-5-6-Jetta/32847978720.html

jonfive

You have bugs fader or bass tribles setting ? With 5515? Can you share picture pls

I haven't touched the fader, it seems to stay centered. EQ settings are not independent through each of the sources, but they don't change after i set them.

I have to go to the store in a bit. i'll take a picture once i get back for you.

Any other information i can help you guys out with?

Egbert

I haven't touched the fader, it seems to stay centered. EQ settings are not independent through each of the sources, but they don't change after i set them.

I have to go to the store in a bit. i'll take a picture once i get back for you.

Any other information i can help you guys out with?

Keen to know how well the radio side of things works. Does your RDS show station names and can you save them to the presets rather than the frequency? Can you upload sender logos via the setup button on the radio screen?

1616sixx

Hey guys

Sorry I’m a bit of a newb when it comes to these units.

Just bought one from eBay and love it - I didn’t know anything about them before my purchase so all I made sure was to get one that had CarPlay.

Anyone able to tell me if mine is considered up to date as such?

It’s a Desay 187B.

The strange thing is that after reading lots on here, I don’t seem to have many bugs that others have spoken of?

My volume doesn’t jump after using Siri
I have RDS

There was something else but I can’t remember now!

Great unit though guys, really rate it.

jonfive

Ok thank you. Just i want know you can set Eq .. and fader

Fader does stay where I put it. Here's the picture, sorry it's so big

GtiJase

Passed Driver's Ed
Keen to know how well the radio side of things works. Does your RDS show station names and can you save them to the presets rather than the frequency? Can you upload sender logos via the setup button on the radio screen?

Name shows up on the front display but only frequency shows on the box's presets on the front screen. If you go into the station list it shows all the rds names.

No you cannot upload station icons at this stage.

jonfive

Radio is good, it shows the station and song whilst on the station. It saves as the station freq, though, the stations around me name their stations with the freq (ex. 95.1 wzzo, 107.1 the bone) :p My old rns315 only got to 95.1 wz.

Never looked into that, sender logos?

rottgrub

I actually am using the 187B with c210, and am having a bug with Android Auto muting Audible when Maps gives directions.

Any chance you could you test if this happens with your updated unit?

1: Play audiobook with Audible (AA), and set volume.
2: Set destination with Maps (AA), and drive until it gives a direction.
3: Audible will mute when nav is speaking, but won't unmute after.
4: Manually turn up volume on Audible.
5: Wait for next Maps direction, repeat...

Thanks!

So,... anyone else seeing this issue? Or am I the only one? =)

jonfive

Can you show fader and bass trible setting pls ?

I'm parked up for the night, i'll try to get you them tomorrow - but it's the same crosshair selection for fader. Bass, middle and treble are just 3 vertical sliders with + and - if you don't want to drag them