GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

AIDUAUTO

Banned
Someone has software for SKODA green menu 5606??

i have this one .. if you need . i can send to you .. free

banananz

I would have to agree, Model a,b,c ,e with various hardware and software, who knows what is what The one thing for sure is there is a wince (the early versions possibly) and a Linux version , Linux is the best to go for imo and the one I have does everything I need it to do so I am not bothered about putting a new firmware on it and risk bricking it.

I could well imagine at the cost they are selling these units they are getting a good 50% if not more profit on them.

As for AIDUAUTO coming along unless they start offering some credible information all they are doing is spamming the forum.

My two cents worth anyway.

I'm in the same situation as you, happy with what I have and not worried about the software upgrade.

They must be making a MUCH greater markup than 50%. For example I bought a no name 187B in Dec for $280 NZ inc. shipping from Audi. Currently the 187E is $500 NZ inc shipping, almost double.

I understand there would be some cost in getting the newer software, but that is one heck of a premium to be charging, considering the sellers cannot answer why it is better in previous photos of messages posted.

Last edited:

spicypiel

Ready to race!
Well aiduauto, if you can release the 5155 C210 firmware for existing customers it'll probably buy some loyalty with people knowing they can buy it knowing it won't be outdated by the time it arrives.

EGR-guy

Looks like they released the firmware for no name 187A carplay.
https://youtu.be/JwjMcAZxpgc

That firmware by the look of it I sent limited to C150 Bluetooth which is the one I installed on my 187a.

After install I had no sound until sound option was reset then every time radio turned on the sound was missing and needed resetting again for sound.

CarPlay doesn’t work either , it just keeps trying to connect with the half screen information details with the spinning logo then just gives up.

It also downgraded the Bluetooth from c180 to c150

I am using iPhone X on latest firmware too.

I reinstalled 5.4.6.6 and radio worked as it should again.

praxidike

You say you have 20 pcs in stock, but link posted earlier to your product says there are 452 units available?

I saw this too...I was actually going on the site to buy Aidu's 187E radio back when it was $280 to take a chance on it. But now its even higher, $350.

At that price I can't justify taking the risk.

Happy bulldog

Passed Driver's Ed
That firmware by the look of it I sent limited to C150 Bluetooth which is the one I installed on my 187a.

After install I had no sound until sound option was reset then every time radio turned on the sound was missing and needed resetting again for sound.

CarPlay doesn’t work either , it just keeps trying to connect with the half screen information details with the spinning logo then just gives up.

It also downgraded the Bluetooth from c180 to c150

I am using iPhone X on latest firmware too.

I reinstalled 5.4.6.6 and radio worked as it should again.

This one should be the best so far.One of my friend already upgrade.

Happy bulldog

Passed Driver's Ed
Well aiduauto, if you can release the 5155 C210 firmware for existing customers it'll probably buy some loyalty with people knowing they can buy it knowing it won't be outdated by the time it arrives.

You can see his 187B with 5314+C180 only,which only support 2 volume controls.If he got that,he already upgrade his own radio.

The other guy got the 5515+C210,It can control 4 different volume.
--music volume
--phone volume
--maps volume
--siri volume
http://s.aliexpress.com/Q3UjuuAF

Happy bulldog

Passed Driver's Ed
Bro i give order more then 10 from aiduauto yes.. because i never have problem with his hu.. so not all for me ,for me and for My friends, i have 4 vw cars my house and mine plus my familly cars. and i buy for friends cars to.. i am not sale radio..
Yes i search c210 here and i am still searcing for my 187b on my familly cars. but i see c210 will come with 5515 and 5515 have fade and ecolazier bugs thats why i buy 187E for my car but i still have 187B my friends and familly cars..

Bro,if you are not reseller,who will keep 20pcs at home?
Obviously there is a link for 187B with 5515+C210,it has no bug at all,and it can support 4 volumes controls.The price is 240$,but you recommend so hard of 187E(not 5515,suspect it is testing firmware,not offical) 350$ only.Seems like they gave you big discount.:w00t:

speeding_ant

Go Kart Newbie
Not sure if this is known widely, so may as well post here... when Siri is speaking, or phone call is active, you can use the volume knob to control that volume separately. It seems the head unit remembers the volume you set for next time.

spicypiel

Ready to race!
Yeah it does though for some reason mine randomly resets the ringing/telephone call volume sometimes. It's mostly fine and a huge upgrade over the previous radio so not necessarily upset.

My only annoyance that is quite frustrating is having to restart the head unit when the reversing camera completely disconnects android auto usb audio, both mic and playback.

Egbert

It feels like this is becoming a bit of a circular conversation, and one that won’t give definitive answers until there are hardware teardowns of each model variant, and changelogs for each firmware release. We may never ever have those...

It seems to me that there are likely to be minor differences each time the onscreen hardware number changes (RAM upgrades perhaps?), and that more significant changes to system architecture (processor, etc) might lead to the model variant changing from A to B to C and so on. This is certainly what has happened with other units such as the RNS510.

I think the different manufacturers (Desay, Tianbao, Visteon) just reflect supply chain variation across the world - which is very complex. Likely to be similar regarding Windows CE and Linux. Let’s not forget that VW has two entirely separate Chinese operations, that are run as joint ventures with local companies and that these are directly competing for business with each other. Although they use the basic VW platforms they have considerable freedom in design and implementation of these standards.

I also wonder if the whole debate about Bluetooth c210 is a bit futile. The answer here might not lie with a magic firmware release, but instead with the hardware capabilities of each unit. Some features might simply be unavailable on early models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro