GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

anyone ever use the IE k04 kit?

markus037

Ready to race!
Looking for the most plug and play kit. they seem to be the most straight forward. anyone have any experience?

zef

Drag Racing Champion
all the ko4 kits are plug and play pretty much...I follow paddy mcgrath from super speeders who had the IE ko4 kit + manifold and software and I think he dyno'd around 330

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Was just looking at that one tonight actually...and that financing option is almost making it too easy to decide.

zef

Drag Racing Champion

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
They are are all modified OEM borg warner k04s

This is true minus Hpa's ko4 kit. Hpa's "hybrid ko4" is far from a hybrid also it's basically a ko4 turbo assembled by Hpa with no borg warner oem parts. All the other ko4s sold by name brand companies are oem borg warner ko4s that have either have the dv housing on the turbo or a dv relocation kit is provided like cts ko4 kit.

CHerna

Ready to race!
I'd rather give my money to IE than CTS.

Word.

I've actually been eye this kit for a while now, also.

Also, while we're on subject, I wish IE would make a hybrid K04..

Last edited:

Bheit

Passed Driver's Ed
I recently had a CTS K04 kit put on and love it. I have put a few thousand miles and no issues so far. I have a local shop that did the work and they are a CTS dealer and stand by the product. What are the reasons everyone hates CTS?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
What are the reasons everyone hates CTS?

Crappy customer service, they don't care about keeping the customer happy. That's my experience at least.