GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by GTDMK6

1. G

27 mile trip. MPG?

Just did a 27 mile trip home and with a little bit of gentle driving but nothing too serious got over 75mpg. To be fair it was mostly motorway work on cruise control but pretty impressive stuff :)
  2. G

Anyone got any other toys?

Thanks. I'e had her for 16 years (50% of my life) and so I have had plenty of time to make her look nice. There are always jobs to do though. She is really fun to drive. Very light (for a 50 year old car) and really very easy (I used her to learn to drive in when I was 17). She's not at all...
  3. G

That little Spider is lovely! :thumbsup:
  4. G

automotive toys that is... (especially old stuff - less interested in newer toys as anyone can buy a new car. Old cars need to be found and built). Here is my little toy. Just given her a spring clean and mini service now the spring is here so that she can get a bit of use over summer. '62...
  5. G

if you could change one thing...

If you could change one thing about your GTI that really gets your goat what would it be? For me the thing that annoys me most is when filling the car up you unscrew the fuel cap and it has little slots on it so that it is supposed to 'clip' onto the top edge of the fuel filler cover. But the...
  6. G

One month in...

I picked up my new Golf GTD 5 door, manual exactly one month ago (1 month yesterday) after a gruelling 6 month wait after ordering it. I was not originally looking for a GTD. I was going to order a Passat CC GT but when I was in the dealer looking at them they had a little GTD and I took it for...
  7. G

Windscreen Washer delay

Is it normal to have a marked delay between pulling the stalk to squirt the windscreen and any water to come out of the jets? I reckon there is a good second delay before I see any water. First car I've ever had with such a delay. It is almost like the pipes drain when not in use and so the...
  8. G

Lamin-x fogs

I take delivery of my brand spanking GTD tomorrow and have bought some lamina-x to do my fogs with. I've noticed that some of you guys in the States have bought Lamin-x pre cut for the fogs. I, however, have not been able to find any pre cut so just bought a sheet. I decided that I can make a...
  9. G

rear windows

From what I understand the GTI/GTD both have heat insulated tinted windows which are darker in the rear than the front (door) windows. Does anyone know what % tint the rear windows have as standard? I have tried looking on vw website but it does not give the tint %.
  10. G

Dial sweep

Has anyone used vagcom to get a dial sweep on their mk6? Anyone got a video?
  11. G

Arghhhh!

After 7 years of driving numerous volvos I decided that at 32 I ought to act my age and buy something fun. so this is a bit of an intro thread also! Hello everyone! I've ordered a new GTD in solid red with black leather and pretty much ticked all the option boxes (excepting nav and I stuck with...