GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by nik

1. nik

FS: Neuspeed power module

Up for grabs is a neuspeed power module for the mk6 GTI. Bought it used two ish years ago but went Cobb before I even installed it. Asking 330 USD shipped canada/ US. Comes with instruction sheet. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. nik

Mustang interiors are no good

When we were checking out cars for my mom, I sat in the 15 Passat, and I felt like I was sitting in my mk6 GTI. felt so dated for 2015. We ended up going with an almost fully loaded Hyundai Sonata. The interior aesthetics felt so much better, and it almost felt luxury car like, less the cheesy...
  3. nik

LF Golf R bumper grills

I managed to get a decent deal on an R bumper matching my GTI's colour. However it was missing the two side grills on the bumper. I was wondering if anyone had any lying around that they wished to sell, rather than me going to ECS and paying more than what I got the bumper for. I'm not too...
  4. nik

9c1 winter wheel mod

I picked up some 9c1 Impala wheel covers a la cheap online for the other car for the winter set up. Oddly enough they didn't fit the center of the winter steelies for that car. It was a gamble as I was going to retrofit them anyways but figured they'd fit given the 17" wheel size. Decided to...
  5. nik

Looks like someone stole a classic VW bus in BC

https://www.facebook.com/gofindmomo/photos/a.178056562335519.45859.177515742389601/764341657040337/?type=3 Hope it gets located in one piece! BC bros n sis's keep your eyes peeled! Sent from the crapper using Fapatalk
  6. nik

Fs: Short shifters galore!

1) Audi A3 golf R front to back OEM short shifter. Replaces the stock piece on a mk6 and possibly mk5 GTI. Prefer local sale or shipping at buyer's expense. - sold! 2) first gen mk5 GTI diesel geek SSK for 6 speed. It looks different then the current gen but is legit. Got it off a member last...
  7. nik

Drivers door sticking

I was getting out of my car after returning from work and when I opened the door it popped out like it normally does. But when I pushed it open it felt like the door catch wasn't fully retracting and catching on the striker plate. Tried it a few times, and the same thing happens. However when I...
  8. nik

F/s JVC KD-BT1 and din kit

Not sure if I'll have much luck on here but what the heck. Pretty nice single din deck I had in my Mazda and then in my parent's car until we got rid of it a few weeks ago. Bought it in 2008 I believe, but works like a dream. There are signs of wear near some of the buttons given its age but...
  9. nik

Anyone know the output pin for the alarm LED?

Back when these were a big thing I had installed a Varad LED scanner alarm light in the parents old car. Prior to trading it in I removed the unit while returning the car to stock specs. I figured I would be able to install it on my GTI since it's just lying around anyways. I wasn't sure if...
  10. nik

Has anyone...

Phew! Glad I'm not nuts! I kinda want the old car back too. Would have made an awesome winter beater, even if I had to dump 2L of coolant in it a week thanks to dex cool eating the gaskets. But no space at home and the frame was all shot at the rockers. All the visible metal surfaces on top were...
  11. nik

Has anyone...

Straight up shed a tear when selling/ getting rid of a car? Just traded the folks Car in yesterday, and honestly even my eyes welled up seeing it sitting there plateless on the lot. I guess it was part of a lot of milestones in my life. Probably because I'm sure it's going to end up at the...
  12. nik

FS: old ish ikea couches

Hey guys/ gals. I'm getting rid of some retro red ikea couches. They're probably from the 90's but are in good condition for their age. One is practically new. Other one has a bit of wear on one of the seats. The frames are still solid. Looking for 100 OBO for the set. The last one is the...
  13. nik

Slight sputter/rough idle on cold starts/ idle

I've been noticing this more for the last few months at least. When I start the car in the morning or even if it's idling at a traffic light sometimes, I get a light Mis-fire like sputter. I thought it was a mis-fire at first as normally I see one or two log on my polar FIS. But today morning it...
  14. nik

LF...a tire

Hey all, looking for one gently loved 225/40r18 tire. Preferably in the GTA. Thanks! Sent from the crapper using Fapatalk
  15. nik

Wheel repair for split wheels??

I was looking to see if there are any shops in Toronto or the GTA that repair split piece wheels. I sheared off a bolt while refinishing them last year, and my attempts at using a bolt extractor bit haven't worked, so looks like I'll be getting the bugger drilled out and retapped. Thanks!