GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Submerge

1. S

Odd driving/sudden acceleration?

Hi guys..not sure if its me...or my car. :) I have an APR stage 1, '11 6-speed manual. For some reason, when driving slow (taking off from a stop), under a light load, the car drives fine. As soon as it hits 2500 rpm, it almost feels like there's a sudden kick and acceleration (doesn't feel...
  2. S

Anyone else experience weird electrical gremlins?

This has happened twice now...I hope it doesn't lead to anything major. While driving around at night (PS, A/C was off, so its not condenser load or anything), both footwell lights would flicker into highest brightness mode a couple of times before going back to dim version. :confused::confused:
  3. S

Why does the Beetle have a boost gauge, but not the GTI?

I just found it kind of weird, considering that the GTI is aimed more towards the car enthusiast. I know they're almost the same car, but even then. Do the Euro GTIs come with a boost gauge?
  4. S

Anyone ever regret modding or tuning?

Just wondering whether anyone has ever regreted getting a tune or modding their cars. I generally keep my cars close to stock, with minor modding (slightly lowered..wheels, tint) and even then I sometimes regret I touched a thing. This is more just a curiosity thread. :) *Crap..Mods...can this...
  5. S

Recomend a sunshade that truly fits?

Hi folks, With temperatures reaching triple digits here in sunny socal, I'm in need of a sun shade. I have one but it was from a previous car and doesn't fit too well...too long, cutout for rearview mirror doesn't really fit and etc. Anyone have any suggestions or recomendations as to which...
  6. S

Shock/strut recommendations?

Hey folks, I'm planning on having a set of eibach pro-kits installed. I figure I might as well go for some shocks/struts to prolong longevity. I don't want a stiffer ride. I'm looking for something as close to the stock ride feel, as possible. Any recommendations? I'm eyeing the Koni yellows due...
  7. S

How bad will these fit?

I'm looking at a set of wheels that are: 17x8 et+42 73mm hub...will these poke out like a mofo? Will they clear my '11 GTI brakes? I currently run the stock detroit 18s and will be dropped via eibach pro-kits soon. I prefer the OEM look, hence I'm looking at these 17s. Thanks folks!
  8. S

Miro vs. VMR

Hey guys...I'm trying to decide between the Miro M02 or VMR V710. I'm thinking 18", and non-staggered. The VMRs seem to be a perfect match to our GTIs in terms of fitment. ET45, hubcentric, stock lugs and etc. 8.5" Anyone know how the Miro fits? Are they hubcentric? Do I require aftermarket...
  9. S

Do our GTIs have a fuel cut-off @ redline?

I know its a silly question..especially since I'm not quite sure where our redline is..I have a '11 and strange (although cool looking) graphics for our tachometer. Is it 6000 rpm? 7000? Reason I'm asking is because I downshifted and the tacho jumped to 6000 rpm, but no cut-off sputter, and...
  10. S

Stock tires on VMR wheels?

Hi folks, I'm planning on picking up some 18" VB710s....Will the stock tires (I have a '11 GTI) fit? I know its 7.5 vs 8.5...but was hoping I could change them up once the stockers are worn down.