GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone ever regret modding or tuning?

Submerge

Ready to race!
Just wondering whether anyone has ever regreted getting a tune or modding their cars. I generally keep my cars close to stock, with minor modding (slightly lowered..wheels, tint) and even then I sometimes regret I touched a thing. This is more just a curiosity thread. :)

*Crap..Mods...can this be moved to the GTI section? I accidently posted it in the R forums.:(

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Not in the least.

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
I didn't regret modding this car but my G35. Graduated from college, wanted a sport car and went crazy with it. I poured a lot of money into that car, and after that, I wish I could just saved the money for other things. I mod my GTI responsibly now, with fiance's approval :).

McQueen77

Banned
No. Zero problems for me related to tune and that was a year ago. So far so good. Only wish I'd gone stage 1 sooner. Unlike many on here though, I have no desire to go further i.e. stage 2, exhaust mods etc. I did however order a Carbonio Stage 1 short ram intake from APR which I can't wait to put on... Thats so minor though

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
No regrets, tastefully done.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I did on my last car. I went too far, spent too much money (9k spent on a Mazda3 lol). It was a good lesson for me and I don't regret it.

With this car I knew exactly when to quit. Had it all done in the 1st month of ownership and left it alone.

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
No regrets! Just have to be smart about it and do your research before you do a mod. Like for example, I do want to go Stage 2, but I also need to save money aside for clutch in case if it does slip on me. I spent over 7gs on my old car as well, no regrets to any of my mods lol.

SRT2GTI

Banned
I've modded every car I've owned.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Sounds like you regret modding because you second guess your own taste. That can happen as your tastes change... Kinda like a tattoo you get when youre 17 and you have to cover up now :lol:

Only other reason to regret modding is because your car blows up and your warranty is voided and you have no $ to repair. Not likely, but it's a risk that you know going into it.

e9muzik

Dont regret going stage one at all. Ordering some new stuff soon Stage 2 is only a downpipe away.

The cost per mod for this car is incredibly inexpensive compared to the money that i spent on other vehicles. I enjoy this one the most.

rblgti

Go Kart Champion
The GTI is by far the easiest car to mod. Most people go pretty much the same route, but tweak a few things to make them a little unique.

I think that's why the GTI is such a popular car. You can do so little and get so much out of it at the same time. I haven't had a single regret since I started modding my car, and I don't think I will. If you're not prepared for some issues, then you shouldn't mod your car :p