GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

Pet/cargo barrier

Anyone want a pet/cargo barrier for a MK6 Golf? Don’t have the part # on hand right now, but it’s the official VW barrier. TUV rated and a slick unit. Would be a pain to ship, but I could probably wrap it in cardboard and make it work. Would prefer local pickup/delivery somewhere around...
  2. A

Time to move on?

I’ve got a 2010 GTI, manual, bought new in May of 2010. It’s been absolutely fantastic, no real issues, not even the water pump. It’s currently got 188,000 km on it (117,500 miles), so not a ton of mileage. I’ve done the chain and tensioner, revised intake manifold, carbon cleaning, all...
  3. A

Murky, orange coolant

I just removed the water pump in my 2010 GTI (Original pump, no issues at all with it, just figured I'd replace it since I had the intake manifold off anyway.) I've had the car since new and performed regular coolant flushes on it every few years or so. Last one was 16 months ago at a VW indie...
  4. A

Who's owned their car the longest?

I just passed the 5-year mark with my car. I placed a factory order in January 2010 and the car was delivered on April 27, 2010. Just coming up on 90,000 kms and the car has been great. A few little rattles that I've fixed, but no major issues - even the water pump has been fine! :laugh: The...
  5. A

Atypical springs question

Okay, so I'm probably the only guy on the forum who thinks the stock ride height is just fine. I also think the ride/handling balance of the car in stock condition is damned near perfect for a daily driver. But, my 2010 GTI now has 82,000kms on it and the stock dampers are starting to show...
  6. A

Hesitation at 5,400 rpms and full throttle

Car is a 2010 GTI with 80,000 kms, 6MT, and bone stock (except for wheels & tires). It doesn't happen all the time, but has been pretty consistent for the last little while: when accelerating at full throttle in third or fourth, the car pulls strong (for stock, of course ;) ) until 5,400 rpm...
  7. A

What's your coolant temp. in the cold weather?

It's been minus 15-25 for the past couple days and my '10 GTI takes forever for the coolant temperature to come up to 90 degrees. Once it finally does get to 90, it will immediately drop back down to 70 or 80 if I idle at a stoplight or coast down a hill. Seems to me like the thermostat is...
  8. A

Inline Coolant Heater

Anyone else installed an inline heater on their Golf yet? I'm curious because I just had one installed on my '10 GTI and now the car is taking longer than usual to warm up (not when the heater was plugged in, but on warmer days when the heater wasn't used.) Before the install, the temp gauge...