GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

Quiet Knock Sound When Parking

For a little while now I have been hearing a relatively quiet knocking sound, almost exclusively when turning and braking into a parking space within a parking lot. I don't hear it when braking in traffic. I feel like I hear it after I've turned into the spot and am braking to a stop while the...
  2. T

Fresh Detail

Just sharing a fresh detail for the summer. After washing and drying I used a Mother's Gold Class clay bar, machine polished with some very forgiving light action Turtlewax polish on my 10" orbital. Then hand waxed with Meguiar's Cleaner wax, and buffed off with the orbital. I know there are...
  3. T

iOS and Bluetooth Disconnecting

About a week ago I started experiencing random disconnects between my iPhone SE and my GTI's bluetooth. It will connect when I start the car, and then randomly alert me on the MDI that it has disconnected and no paired phone is found. I can then select my phone and click connect, and it...
  4. T

Electric Snowblowers

The cord will be a pain. Anything much more than 6" is often too much. My dad had one growing up. I have a two-stage gas snowblower now that I bought used. I run it dry every spring and then change the oil in the fall. Might add some air to the tires, that is all. The maintenance is...
  5. T

Splitting on P Zero Neros?

Just looking for a general opinion on these pics. These are the original Pirelli P Zero Neros that came on my 2013 GTI purchased in July 2013. I am in the Northeast and run winter tires from December into early April, so these probably get about 12,000 miles on them a year. So I would say...
  6. T

Parking Brake Issue

I did a lot of searches but didn't find anything similar. My ebrake on my 2013 GTI still works...it ratchets properly and holds the brake, and it releases when I hold the button and put it back down, and the parking light goes off properly. However, the issue is that starting yesterday when I...
  7. T

GK Goes JDM, Brah. Beats Worst Forum Member on Actually Getting a Car this Century

The car looks amazing with those wheels man. Props.
  8. T

Strange Rear Brake Wear - Ideas?

My 2013 has about 45000 on the clock. I noticed these wear lines on the passenger side rear rotor probably a couple of months back. A few weeks ago, I took off the wheel, pulled the caliper from the hanger and the pads from the caliper. I cleaned the rotor with some brake cleaner, I cleaned...
  9. T

Oil Filter Problem?!

I got an oil filter at a local VW dealership and this is my first time changing the oil on this car myself. Big problem - I took the filter off the car and compared it to the one VW sold me and they aren't exactly the same. They're printed with the same part number too! Am I missing...
  10. T

Ball Seat or Conical Seat Wheel Bolts for Steelies?

Hello Everyone, picked up a black 2013 Wolfsburg Edition GTI in July and have been learning quite a lot from this forum since then. Just decided to finally make an account. I was given a set of Blizzaks on steel wheels from my wife's uncle that fit the GTI (they came off a Passat from a few...