GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

Too much power?

Running a few secrets in the GTI and these are was the engine mounts are looking like. Does this mean TOO MUCH power? Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  2. J

Rattling from Engine Bay

So something I noticed today. A lot of rattling coming from the engine bay and it amplifies when I turn on the AC. What in the actual world could be causing this? Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  3. J

Sputtering, backfires, and some CELs. [emoji24]

Recently, my car started sputtering and when accelerating it is backfiring with the occasional flickering of the CEL. First impression, misfiring so do coils and plugs. Replaced them literally 20 minutes ago. Nope. Still doing the exact same thing. Everytime I check the codes there is none...
  4. J

Local Servicing

Anyone know of good local master mechanics for VW in the Virginia area? More preferably 757.
  5. J

Suspension Help. Please. I'm dying. Lol.

So after doing literally every suspension upgrade I can think of, I am still completely lost at words. I have done: drivetrain mounts (engine, tranny, dog bone), top/bottom hockey pucks, new lightweight subframe, tyrolsport deadset rigid locking collars (front and rear with ARP bolts for each)...
  6. J

Need help/suggestions!

Brought my car to a Tire Kingdom to install new tierods and superpro balls joints (was being to lazy to do the install) and when I get the car back the car is riding so low that the fender started slicing into my passenger tire (normally there is about and inch gap in between my fender and the...
  7. J

THROTTLE BODY UPGRADE (or replace)

As promised in a previous post, I would make a little DIY and write-up with my thoughts on upgrading the throttle body on my MK6 GTI. Grams 70mm Throttle Body Upgrade for MK6 GTI "The Grams 70mm Throttle Body for the Volkswagen GTI MK5/MK6 is designed in mind for either a completely stock or...
  8. J

Engine Bay Dress Up!

Looking for great and exciting ideas to dress up the engine bay! Especially the hood (inside the hood). Any ideas?
  9. J

Transmission Bolts

So question for all the enthusiasts out there. I believe I may have over-torqued my bolt to my dog bone (the one closest to the front bumper on the transmission), I know FML, what can I do at this point? I replaced the bolt and I think it is transmission side that is affected, it won't get...
  10. J

Throttle Body Upgrade

Looking into upgrading the throttle body. NOT 100% sold on the idea, but looking at the pros and cons of upgrading the cheap plastic throttle body to a metal throttle body. The OEM is 57mm and the upgraded one is 70mm (it is plug and play with no codes or additional tuning required)...
  11. J

Popping/Creaking/Groaning/Clunking.

Current Suspension Mods: Knoi Springs and Struts, 034 Strut Mounts, VWR Lowering Springs, Hotchkis 27mm Front/Rear Sways, 034 Lower Control Arm Bushings, Whiteline Endlinks, Ultra Racing Underbody Chassis Braces Front/Mid/Rear, Eurosport Front/Rear Strut bar, and TyrolSport DeadSet Rigid...
  12. J

Front Strut Bar

Never used. Retails for $250. Asking $200. Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
  13. J

Under Body Chassis Support

Rear Under Body Chassis Support. Never used. Retails for $120. Asking $75 OBRO. Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
  14. J

Used MK6 Headlights and Tailights

Retails for $600. Asking $200 for both OBRO. Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
  15. J

Exhaust smell in cabin

GTI MK6 Stg2 +. Only recently started happening. Weird exhaust smell inside the cabin. Now I know the air comes through the air ducts near the rain guard into the cabin but I still don't know where the smell is coming from... I have done research and found out it could be anywhere from the...
  16. J

Turbo!

What are your suggestions after being fully upgraded to Stage 2 (including engine mods and suspension mods)? Which turbo would be the best route? K04? TTE420/480? GT28/30? Let's here them and supporting mods and tunes needed! Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
  17. J

Throttle Response

What are some of your ways that you have gotten better throttle response out of your MKVI GTI or Golf R? Or even to get rid of turbo lag? Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
  18. J

HELP!!!!!! 034 Hockeypuck Insert Install

I need help on getting this install done finally. First off, 034 is an amazing replacement for the OEM hockeypuck for the dogbone mount. It will DEFINITELY stiffen everything up and create very minimal movement. Let me go over a few problems however. 1. When removing OEM hockeypuck, it is...