GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Throttle Response

jkells

Ready to race!
What are some of your ways that you have gotten better throttle response out of your MKVI GTI or Golf R?

Or even to get rid of turbo lag?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Throttle booster. Once you have one you'll never drive without one again.

jkells

Ready to race!
Well I'm trying to go past that. So far I'm APR ECU Stg 2, APR TCU Stg 2, DV, Intercooler, Charge/Discharge Pipes, Full Mounts (Engine, Tranny, Dog Bone, and Hockey puck upgrade), full underbody braces (front, mid, rear), strut bar (front, rear), APR Stg 1&2 Intake, soon HPA Intake Manifold (switching to their ECU/TCU programming), Eurojet 3" downpipes, Magnaflow TBE, VWR lowersprings, Bilstein shocks.. And more I can't think of, lol.

What are you opinions on Speedbooster or Pedalbox? I have heard loads of mixed reviews and videos.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Well I'm trying to go past that. So far I'm APR ECU Stg 2, APR TCU Stg 2, DV, Intercooler, Charge/Discharge Pipes, Full Mounts (Engine, Tranny, Dog Bone, and Hockey puck upgrade), full underbody braces (front, mid, rear), strut bar (front, rear), APR Stg 1&2 Intake, soon HPA Intake Manifold (switching to their ECU/TCU programming), Eurojet 3" downpipes, Magnaflow TBE, VWR lowersprings, Bilstein shocks.. And more I can't think of, lol.

What are you opinions on Speedbooster or Pedalbox? I have heard loads of mixed reviews and videos.

Some people like them. It's really nothing that your foot can't do on it's own though...

jkells

Ready to race!
I have yet to do the turbo muffler delete. Still undecided whether I'm going K04 or BT. But the Speedbooster or Pedalbox's purpose is to gove that quicker throttle response when you hit the gas, rather than wait for the ecu to catch up with the requested throttle.

Bo-in-Finland

I need to figure out what a throttle booster is obviously.
At red light trying to start smoothly (grand mother in the car), I press gently on the pedal - nothing happens, I press a little more - nothing happens, I press a little more and the wheels spins at the tarmac. Grand mother gives me a sharp eye and thinks I'm teasing her and wants her to jump of the car. Next red light -the same procedure but now she yells at me. I soon need new front tires or that booster thing.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Had it and returned it. Sprint booster that is. Shit was not linear at all it was like if I had mashed the pedal lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm running a cheap-ass 6-Drive Throttle Booster. Has like 46 levels of adjustment. I really like it.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
dude a pedalbox was my first mod and no matter what anyone says it changes your "perception" of the throttle response and its absolutely worth it for someone like you who is sensitive to the mushy fuckin pedal on these badboys

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
I'm running a cheap-ass 6-Drive Throttle Booster. Has like 46 levels of adjustment. I really like it.

I saw it on eBay but the instructions look complicated. Is it plug and play or u gotta do some cutting of the plastic cover? I like the clean install of the sprint booster but not the adjustability of it and the price either. They came out with a new version now. More adjustability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

93serprise

Ready to race!
I am also using a 6 drive throttle booster, and absolutely love it. I leave mine on level 9 sensitivity under the "Sport" mode. I barely have to push the gas pedal down at all to get the response I want. I have been using it for over a year with my K04 upgrade. All you do is plug it in under the gas pedal, and do a very short "calibration" process on the LCD display. I mounted mine to the left of the steering wheel. Totally worth the money I spent on it to be honest.