GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. greasyginzo

Engine Rough on Startup

So I just went and did a visual inspection on the cam phaser and hall sensor and it is not either of them so 99.99999999% it is the tensioner.
  2. greasyginzo

Engine Rough on Startup

also I don't understand how that could rule out a bad cam phaser. Block 93 is actual cam timing and actual cam timing will be off with a bad phaser. If I remember right these motors only have VVT on intake cam correct? So if that is true it it has no idea where the exhaust cam is to possible...
  3. greasyginzo

Engine Rough on Startup

I don't have vag com anymore....the codes were pulled from APR mobile dongle. Can I scan measuring blocks with APR mobile?
  4. greasyginzo

Engine Rough on Startup

I think I was told at some point that my car had the updated tensioner but it’s a 2011 and it is original. I have owned the car since 14k miles so it has never been replaced. Did 2011’s get the updated tensioner from the factory?
  5. greasyginzo

Engine Rough on Startup

Yea so I did some research today. It seems to me it is either cam phaser, timing chain tensioner or cam bridge screen dislodge. I am leading toward tensioner since it happened on startup. He drove home from work the last night car was 100% and this morning when leaving for work the trouble...
  6. greasyginzo

Engine Rough on Startup

So my brother has been using my car for the past couple years and it has always been flawless but this morning he went to start it and it was running real rough and smelled like gas. I had him scan pull codes and this is what was present. Any help please. I been out of the “game” for awhile and...
  7. greasyginzo

Suspension advice for a newbie

If you live where it snows and they salt the roads I would not cheap out on coilovers. I personally would not cheap out on anything but brakes and suspension especially. Cheapest I would go is ST since they are made by KW or used to be at least.
  8. greasyginzo

APR Stage 3 GTX Cut Out

no, it was in my garage but it is not temp controlled. Everything else seems fine. No leaks (other than the water pump which is fixed) and it is making boost though I suppose a test would not be a bad idea. I was driving yesterday and got a code p0088 code for fuel pressure too high
  9. greasyginzo

Suspension advice for a newbie

I have Bilstein PSS coilovers with the fronts threaded all the way down save for like 2 threads and the rear set to match the front and it rides awesome. Not harsh at all and not very bumpy. While the Bilstein kits are not slam kits the car sits very nice for daily driving though of course ride...
  10. greasyginzo

APR Stage 3 GTX Cut Out

Should have said...not throwing any codes
  11. greasyginzo

APR Stage 3 GTX Cut Out

So I Just got my car back on the road after being stored for the past like 4 or so years. When I put it away it ran flawlessly. So about a week ago I got it back on the road after changing the oil, discovering the water pump was leaking, replacing said water pump and coolant obviously. The past...
  12. greasyginzo

FS: Carbonio Stage 2 CF Intake

Zip code is all I need
  13. greasyginzo

Where am I shipping it to?
  14. greasyginzo

Like it says stage 2 CF intake pipe (behind MAF) by Carbonio/APR. In perfect structural shape has a few minor cosmetic blemishes which could probably be buffed out. Call it $40. Would prefer local pick up around Martins Creek PA but will ship at buyers cost.
  15. greasyginzo

Water Pump Part # CBFA & CCTA

No I don't have access to the car to inspect. I am not sure of the build date. Why? What does build date have to do with it?
  16. greasyginzo

Water Pump Part # CBFA & CCTA

I have a 2011 gti with CBFA motor and my water pump is leaking. 3 different VW dealers have given me 06H121026DR as the replacement for my vin#. I even played dumb and asked the dealers what motor was in my car and they said CBFA. Everything I see is that part number is for the CCTA water pump...
  17. greasyginzo

Metal CBFA Water Pump

Lol thats why VW had a class action against them for it and decided to now make them as metal. That or it was more like "hey we make these from plastic to save a bunch of money then we can make a metal version that we can sell when the plastic junk breaks." Either way it was decided that there...
  18. greasyginzo

Metal CBFA Water Pump

That is fucking stupid. Great so I gotta put another plastic water pump on. Who the hell decides to make a water pump out of plastic anyway.
  19. greasyginzo

Metal CBFA Water Pump

What? There is no metal version for cbfa motors?