GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Review - Shuenk TSI K03+ Turbo - Dyno

We've had a GTI owner step up to test this turbo on his Cobb Stage2 software. Before dropping his hard-earned cash into the project we went through his current setup's performance to see if there was power left on the table by his OEM turbo. Here's a look at his logs. First, the software is...
  2. D

Our turbo's power output on Unitronic's Stage2 is a tougher question than with more aggressive mapping from other tuners. As covered before, the "trick" with this turbo is that it can deliver the requested power that a stock turbo cannot. And the way to identify that untapped potential is by...
  3. D

We've heard from more than one potential customer that the wastegates on the OEM turbos "rattle". They pointed me to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl4AuMc8zfg The person on the video is demonstrating a "fix" for the slop in the actuator rod/wastegate arm assembly. But rather...
  4. D

mars2 brings up a couple relevant dynamics taking place in the aftermarket. First, there will always be people who want to source their own parts to cobble together a unique turbo. Is it cheaper than buying something complete and ready for use? Probably not, but the unique-factor has a value...
  5. D

Travis -- I didn't know you had access to Unitronic's files. Do you need my help with getting your account status restored? Testing data on your car with the Uni Stg2 would be very informative. Also, to the question about the extras we include, this turbo has a billet diverter valve sandwich...
  6. D

Shuenk is a spinoff of FrankenTurbo that specializes in OEM+ turbos. FrankenTurbo will continue to market the higher output F23T turbo as well.
  7. D

Here's a graphical illustration of what I meant by "Power being left on the table". These two charts show how the stock turbo is not meeting requests for either boost or load. In this case the car was running an Integrated Engineering Stage2 flash. And clearly the flash is ready for more...
  8. D

If it doesn't work like that, there's no point in the turbo. It MUST be 100% compatible with off the shelf software -- and make more power than a stock turbo.
  9. D

...I should also congratulate you on being the owner of the highest-power Stage2 Mk6 around. No way any stock turbo can match your current boost and airflows output! dh
  10. D

Travis -- thank you for volunteering to test our novel turbocharger design on your Mk6. For some time now we've been wanting to find out if a turbo that's designed specifically for "staged" chip tuning would offer a benefit. And boy, your dyno sure demonstrates it does. The key to the K03+...
  11. D

FrankenTurbo F25 for 2.5L

For a couple years now we've been developing a turbocharger solution for use on the VW 07K engine. And work has gotten to the stage that it's worth posting info here. Here is a look at our prototype: Our F25 turbo is a journal-bearing design that requires only an oil feed and return. The...
  12. D

FrankenTurbo F23T testing on K04 software

Happy New Year everybody. I'd like to say thank you to this community for the continued support of our F23T hybrid turbo product. Our sales of the F23T last year were more than double than 2014. A very good start for the updated MixedFlow design we introduced a little less than a year ago...
  13. D

stock fitment intercooler test for 2.5T

We've been developing a turbocharger kit for use on the 2.5L engine for quite some time now. And at this point we feel we have the turbo sorted. So now we need to explore the other areas in the 07K-engine cars which would need modifications. A big question is intercooling. And we're going to...
  14. D

Ever wondered what stock fuel injectors can flow? Here's your answer.

We contacted AutoHass in New Jersey for one of every type of 2.5L engine fuel injectors they had. And then we sent them off to SouthBay Fuel Injectors for flow testing. Here are the results: At 240cc/min the 2.5L engine's injectors flow at the same rate as those used in the earliest 1.8T...
  15. D

The FrankenTurbo F23T hybrid K04 works on your GLI, too!

Solid, solid results courtesy of Driver Motorsport on a Dynapack dyno. This is a TSI-engine GLI with upgraded valve springs running 91oct California gas on AU Tuning's Dynapack. Nice job, Bronson! :burnrubber:
  16. D

FrankenTurbo statement about our published compressor map

I need to address some recent events and posts on other forums about my products -- and the F23 in particular. A forum user in the Audizine B7-series A4 forums has been a long-time critic of our F23L for that platform. His main message is that our compressor map for the F23 turbos is...