GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

Where is the transmission code? Sticker was removed by previous owner.

Need to replace the mechatronic unit. So I need the 3 digit transmission code. The sticker with production codes on it that is supposed to be in the cargo area by the spare wheel well is not there. I do have Vag-Com and pulled up all the info on the trans I could with VCDS. But nowhere in there...
  2. J

Need help diagnosing DSG issue

I will definitely give this a look when I pull it apart.
  3. J

Need help diagnosing DSG issue

Ok, so a little back story to catch you up on the current situation. I have a 2012 DSG, k04 with revo stage 3 ecu and uni stage 2 tcu tunes. I normally rest my car for the winter and dive a truck since we get huge amounts of snow where I live. Unfortunately right before winter picked up here I...
  4. J

DSG overheated, wont go into reverse

Ok, so I got stcuk having to drive my GTI because my truck blew a brake line. We just got slammed with a huge amount of snow while I was at work, and of course I got stuck on my way home. I had turned off traction control so I could actually build up some speed instead of it governing when the...
  5. J

Mk7 center console in mk6??

So, I have a deep seated hatred for the center console in my 2012 autobahn. The mdi input is completely useless to me, and the lack of any real storage is pointless. My phone doesn't fit anywhere. I do like the arm rest, but that is about it. I have seen that the mk5 had a huge storage area, and...
  6. J

Idatalink Maestro in 2012 GTI Autobahn

So I took the plunge and purchased the Idatalink Maestro for my GTI. I replaced the stock HU with a Kenwood DMX7704s. Love the unit. My issue comes in with the factory integrated Bluetooth. I really wanted to keep the factory Bluetooth for hands free calls. I have followed all instructions and...
  7. J

Dorman 939-116 steelies. Do they fit?

Found these on amazon, ebay, even ECS and they are cheap. Says they fit Mk6 Golfs and Jettas but says it will not fit GTI. Is this true? Is it because of the slightly larger calipers? All the measurements seem identical between these steelies and the ones that it says will fit the GTI. 16x6.5...
  8. J

Draw-tite hitch with SPM street exhaust

I am preparing for a long trip across country, and would like to add a trailer hitch just for a cargo carrier. I was originally looking at roof racks with cargo carriers, but the cost is extreme in comparison. I bought the Draw-tite 24904 hitch here...
  9. J

Best tire for very long road trip

Looking at spending almost 2 weeks on the road. Will definitely be running into all kinds of weather and road conditions. I run pilot super sports right now, but seeing as how this trip will cover around 4,000 miles I don't want to waste 15% of the tread life of these tires in that short amount...
  10. J

Full boost but no power?

Ok, here's the specs. 2012 k04 with Revo stage 3 ecu and Uni stage 2 tcu. My issue is I seem to be losing acceleration somewhere. My boost holds at around 22-23 psi when flooring it (but not engaging the kickdown switch). But the car does not always accelerate with the same force. Some times it...
  11. J

Boost gauge seems off, anyone with explanations?

Ok, So for background my car is K04, revo stage 3 ECU and Uni stage 2 TCU and GFB+. Just got a newsouth boost gauge today with and APR boost tap. Today was my first day visualizing my boost. I did a couple of 0-80 runs, and while most of them seemed fine shooting up progressively to around 22psi...
  12. J

Looking for help wih VagCom

I am hoping to avoid having to purchase the cord and do it myself. I know there are probably not many, if any, people on this forum in my area. But if anyone is near Marquette, MI and is able to use VagCom please PM me. I just want to do a couple things like make my hands free button a mute, and...
  13. J

dfd forum looks like an alt-right meetup

This is why parents need to monitor their children on the internet....
  14. J

deAutoKey red footwell lights, one bright one dim?

Hey guys, I just got done installing my complete interior kit with red footwell lights. First off, I have to say that the majority of these things are super bright. They look awesome and really make the car pop. The only issue I am having right now is that I noticed that the red footwell lights...
  15. J

Change to APR from Revo/Uni combo?

So currently, as far as I can tell, my car is running Uni DSG stage 2 and Revo stage 3 K04. I am not 100% certain of this due to the fact that I bought it used. The day I bought it, I brought it to a Unitronic dealer and was told that it has Uni stage 2 for both. However, older posts from the...
  16. J

Visor light cover?

So I accidentally cracked one of the covers on the housing for the vanity light behind the sun visor. Does anyone know where to get a replacement? Ecs doesn't carry it as far as I can see.
  17. J

DG springs for 4dr (Auto or Manual) on 2dr dsg GTI?

I am really interested in the DG springs after reading about how they handle and feel. The trouble is, I am not able to find any of the springs meant for 2dr models. I would prefer the 2dr MT model, but it seems as though they have discontinued the 2dr variety. Is there anyone out there running...
  18. J

DSG downshifting and braking questions?

Ok, my car is stage 2 uni TCU tune. When I am coming to a stop, whether in D or manual mode, the car feels like it is braking without me even pressing the brake. I have tried to read a bit about this, and I think it is called engine braking and it is normal but wanted to make sure. I do not...
  19. J

FYI: Mobil 1 0w40, 5 Qt. for $10.88

Just wanted to let you guys know, Walmart has Mobil 1 0w40 on sale for $22.88 for 5 qt. jugs: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mobil-1-0W-40-Advanced-Full-Synthetic-Motor-Oil-5-qt./23636902 Combine this with the $12 rebate Mobil 1 is offering right now. You can do this 2x per household and stock up...