GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1 week old already have 3 different lights on my dash

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
That's awesome that they are giving you aftermarket parts as well. This can't be a VW dealer right? Also time to invest in a code reader. If you cant afford VCDS, OBDEleven is $60 or so and can read all VAG faults, do live monitoring, and do all the adaptations and basic settings for modules. If you own the car long enough I promise it will get some use lol.

GTI6891

Congrats, I assume you didn't buy it from a VW stealership?

No I bought it from a private dealership. I told him what was going on and we made an agreement.. I told him how much VW wanted to charge and then explained I could get aftermarket parts for cheaper....He agreed to send me the money for the parts and I would take care of the labor... I picked the parts out my self..Total parts came out to $443

GTI6891

UPDATE: Dealer has agreed to pay for the following parts....New upgraded Intake manifold with complete installation kit, new upgraded aluminum actuator arm for further durability...new R8 Coils, and NGK Spark plugs.

Code is back and car is running like sh!t again

Car has been driving great since I installed these parts, I even did a full carbon cleaning.........BUT today I got another check engine light and the car is throwing the same p2015 code as well as miss firing in all cylinders! I’m getting horable gas mileage.... Could this really mean I need ANOTHER intake manifold? Or possibly something else? Any input would greatly be appreciated.

Last edited:

A.SMK6

I'd check back with the place where you got it installed and make sure every was done correctly. I haven't heard of any of the new intake manifolds failing, especially that quickly. I'm not sure about the misfires. I'd check to make sure all the plugs are gapped properly and possibly even check the coilpacks again, if those aren't it I'd just have the shop check it out.

cevil203

Ready to race!
Code is back and car is running like sh!t again

Car has been driving great since I installed these parts, I even did a full carbon cleaning.........BUT today I got another check engine light and the car is throwing the same p2015 code as well as miss firing in all cylinders! I’m getting horable gas mileage.... Could this really mean I need ANOTHER intake manifold? Or possibly something else? Any input would greatly be appreciated.

I had the same code and replaced the intake manifold. The VW dealership showed me what they called butterfly valves that are supposed to spin at will, seizing up, which causes issues with airflow. It isn't going to really impact your car more than gas mileage/emissions for the short term, but I do remember some misfires, which could be a sign of a faulty intake manifold.

I'd bring it back to whoever installed in to have them check the install, perhaps it was a bad install or the part has failed already (seems unlikely but possible). For what its worth, I got it diagnosed at VW and had a Maaco do the install for half the cost quoted by the dealer. Hope this helps.