GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

13 MK6 GTI vs 09' Subaru WRX

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
I really like the fact that VW underrates their engines. Or better yet, they give you WHP rather than Crank. All these cars that claim to be GTI killers barely make more horsepower and barely cross the finish line quicker than GTI. I've already run a 09 WRX, 11 WRX and 15 Focus ST and had zero problems with them on my stage 1.

And you wont have many problems with any of them until they swap turbos..... Thats just it, there's three major cars that are over rated in my opinion, they are;

1. Mazdaspeed 3
2. Focus ST
3. Genesis Coupe
and maybe a 4th to the WRX..... these cars on paper all look great..... but in reality.... they aren't that fast.... even modded they're still not insane.... Mind you we need some work to keep up with them modded but nothing insane.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
And you wont have many problems with any of them until they swap turbos..... Thats just it, there's three major cars that are over rated in my opinion, they are;

1. Mazdaspeed 3
2. Focus ST
3. Genesis Coupe
and maybe a 4th to the WRX..... these cars on paper all look great..... but in reality.... they aren't that fast.... even modded they're still not insane.... Mind you we need some work to keep up with them modded but nothing insane.

That is true but also, the 0-60 times are something you can't hide from. I do take that into account moreso than HP#s. If a car's been rated to do 0-60 in 5.5 seconds or 7.0 seconds, that is what it is until you mod.

If a WRX runs stock low, mid 5s 0-60 whereas the GTI runs stg1 at low 6s, then you know you aren't winning a dig with a WRX... most of the time.

Antimatter

Ready to race!
That is true but also, the 0-60 times are something you can't hide from. I do take that into account moreso than HP#s. If a car's been rated to do 0-60 in 5.5 seconds or 7.0 seconds, that is what it is until you mod.

If a WRX runs stock low, mid 5s 0-60 whereas the GTI runs stg1 at low 6s, then you know you aren't winning a dig with a WRX... most of the time.

That's just the drivetrain story. Look at 1/4 mile trap speeds for a better representation of actual performance.

Vegaslizardman

Passed Driver's Ed
I wonder what happens after that 0-60.... will the GTI catch up or take the win from 60-120+ if they keep going?

Vegaslizardman

Passed Driver's Ed
k20z supercharged SI... that's scary to me.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
k20z supercharged SI... that's scary to me.

depends on the supercharger. the Jackson racing an comptech arent all that special but when you get into the Kraftwerks or Whipple supercharger those are the scray ones. The last 2 kits are the ones youll see 400whp+ on but theyll still only have like 280-300tq

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
I wonder what happens after that 0-60.... will the GTI catch up or take the win from 60-120+ if they keep going?
Just this afternoon I made a left from a stop sign out onto a highway in front of a new wrx.

I know he was all-in once he was rolling but I'm not sure if he WOT the launch. Either way he couldn't keep up or gain on me. No chance. I'm k04 though, so it wasn't really a fair fight [emoji23] CSB

Vegaslizardman

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah my buddy has the kraftwerks SC on his SI. It's making 355hp/220tq I haven't raced him since I went stage 1 but stock I kept up 1-3rd but he pulled hard after that.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah my buddy has the kraftwerks SC on his SI. It's making 355hp/220tq I haven't raced him since I went stage 1 but stock I kept up 1-3rd but he pulled hard after that.

Them not having any torque is whats really killing them. I havent had a chance to run a S/C si when I was stage 2 an now I'm ko4. I run into evos an mustangs constantly where I live

fast2ghl

Ready to race!

Well from a DIG, yes, a WRX will always take you.....

That's just the drivetrain story. Look at 1/4 mile trap speeds for a better representation of actual performance.

Exactly, traps speeds indicate healthy power and give a good indication of what will happen after that 60 mark.

Most likely if its a tuned GTI you would catch up and pass.

There are guys here in town with Supercharged SI's. They're NO JOKE

had a kraftworks supercharger. Shit pulled on me like I was towing a boat anchor

However, caught on top of 3rd and 4th. Started from 40 roll. Mods on sig.

I need more powah!

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Hmmmm... It seems I've ended up in the wrong thread.
I'll show myself out.... :scared0016:

you left us for the bugeye!! If they still had the hatches I would be all over the new models...