GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

18711/P2279/008825 - Leak in Air Intake System

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
Im bumping this!

JUST got the same exact issue on my way home. Car started randomly idling between normal 600 rpm and 1200. Just up and down at random intervals holding and dropping and shuttering. Just scanned the code with the torque app and sure enough air intake leak... same code. :(

Does anyone have a better idea as to what the issue could be yet? Or what i can do to try and solve this?

Im gonna go through now and just try and tighten all the hoses. The intake has been on for 10K miles at this point and ive never had an issue before. went APR stage 2 about 2 months ago...

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Jbass1911

Passed Driver's Ed
Im bumping this!

JUST got the same exact issue on my way home. Car started randomly idling between normal 600 rpm and 1200. Just up and down at random intervals holding and dropping and shuttering. Just scanned the code with the torque app and sure enough air intake leak... same code. :(

Does anyone have a better idea as to what the issue could be yet? Or what i can do to try and solve this?

Im gonna go through now and just try and tighten all the hoses. The intake has been on for 10K miles at this point and ive never had an issue before. went APR stage 2 about 2 months ago...

Any suggestion is appreciated.

This happened to me once on the way home from a dealer service. Oil dipstick was not pushed in all the way.