GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2 weeks to new k04 owner!

Coolrunning39

Go Kart Newbie
So I decided 2 days ago instead of getting a new hot tub I'm going to go k04. The hot tub price kept rising and rising with every add on so I decided I wanted to go faster(although I'm the worlds slowest driver). I'm picking up a less than 3k used AWE turbo kit for $1300, a new CTS intercooler and new gaskets, oil, coolant and that jazz.
My mods are below me of course, for you current K04 people, am I missing anything currently that will make the K04 more smooth?

I cannot wait to feel the difference from my current stage 2. I will be using APR, any current reliability issues anyone has come across. 16,500 miles and not a hiccup with my car yet

papaskot

Passed Driver's Ed
well...start saving for clutch. seems like stock will definitely go at some point. I went k04 at 40k miles and stock clutch immediately slipped.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

GTmyI

Ready to race!
Parent's have a hot tub when we build their house 8 years ago, and I was like 15-16 at that time... Anyway, we live in edmonton, so we only have like so many months to use it anyway, and as I believe we stop using it after 3 years in total and oh my dad now use it as a "Cold tub" for the dog to swim and shower... WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY!!! K04 all the way :D

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
LOL GK, sig!!!!!

:bellyroll:

ina12K04gti

Ready to race!
I'm sure you won't be disappointed. I did my K04 & all supporting mods at 5K miles. The only issues I've had is one bad coil pack & the hfpf both replaced under warranty. Dsg is great but if I had one & went K04 or bigger I would definitely be flashing the transmission.